cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atttim
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 24

Re: BT Netprotect Plus/McAfee will not load

I have contacted McAfee twice in the last 18 months and they ask for your account no or the like, as I (we at BT) dont get one, I mentioned that I'm with BT and they imediately informed me they couldn't help me as I MUST deal with BT......
You can access useful help issues on their site which I did find helpful with info NOT copied anywhere in BT McAfee info......in fact hardly any useful info is in BT McAfee help pages at all.....perhaps at least a link to their pages could help BT users !!
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 24

There are a steady trickle of posts that seem to suggest many of us BT customers are not 100% happy with the BT/McAfee partnership.

For my own part, I was just not happy with the McAfee product period.

I migrated the PC's in this house oer the MSE, and the said computers and their users have never looked back.  It is system hungry, and often bricked our PC's.

For what its worth, we use Microsoft MSE which costs nowt.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

bobfred
Beginner
Message 23 of 24

Ok, right i have gone to programms and features to uninstall mcafee, and its not in yet it is still installed on my PC. How do i get rid of this, as i cant find another way.

On a side note its opening fine again it seems, but i still want to uninstall it

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 24

Windows XP users

1. Close all McAfee program windows.
  2. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
  3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
  4. Select McAfee SecurityCenter.
  5. Click Remove and follow any on-screen prompts.
  1. Download and run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool:

Download the MCPR tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe and save it to a folder on your computer.

IMPORTANT: The MCPR tool is updated periodically when new products and updates are released. Always download a new copy of the MCPR tool before using it to uninstall your product.

0 Ratings