cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfj247
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

BT Netprotect Plus & Windows 8

Is BT Netprotect plus software compatible with Windows 8?

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 28

Re: BT Netprotect Plus & Windows 8

Many peoiple think it's not very compatible with Windows, full stop. See here and many other threads in this forum.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 28

I understand Windows 8 will have an advanced version of MSE it should not need additional security Glad i no longer use any version of windows now every thing here is now MAC
0 Ratings
towen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 28

Any news - now that Windows 8 is out ?

0 Ratings
starkemj
Beginner
Message 5 of 28

Well I've just started getting my head around Windows 8 Pro which I installed today, and once again (I remember the fiasco with Windows 7) the bt.com site does not recognise it when I try and download the anti-virus software - it says it is not compatibile inspite of the notice saying it is.

Not really inspiring stuff.............

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 28

not at this time as it is a McAfee product its down to them to provide updates like BT desktop help a windows 8 version is not available until November 27th
0 Ratings
Heavy_Metal_Blue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 28

I have just purchased a new lap top with Windows 8 OS and although the BT website says that Net Protect is compatible with it, when I try to download it, it says it is not compatible......What is going on?  The minimum spec details on the site say that it should be able to be downloaded, but it is not....

0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 28

Theres a bit more information on this at www.bt.com/windows8

BT NetProtect Plus

We've become aware of a problem for Windows 8 users when downloading BT NetProtect Plus on bt.com. When downloading you'll get a screen saying you have an incompatible operating system.

We're planning to fix this by Monday 29 October. Please check back here on Tuesday 30 October.

Hope this helps 🙂

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Heavy_Metal_Blue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 28

Just spoken to a helpful person at the helpdesk via the online chat.  he has told me that NetProtect Plus will not be available until November 5th.  Good job my new laptop comes with Macaffe already pre installed.

0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 10 of 28

To be expected, the API needs to be updated in BT Netprotect plus to work with Windows 8.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings