Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
headers2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Netprotect Plus installation failure

Go to solution

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows 7.

I have just replaced my Home hub with the latest new home hub 3 and managed to increase my broadband speed from 0.55meg  to 1.42 meg.

I was running AVG 2011 anti virus software and decided that as I was on Option 3 I would download BT netprotect.

So last night I attempted to do this 5 times to no avail.

I had difficulty uninstalling AVG to be honest and ended up downloading the avg uninstaller prior to my first attempt.

However each time  I've had to wait for the net protect download and right at the very end it tells me it has not installed.

It goes through all the checks and dowloads/installs the sotware but fails right at the very end.

I have completed several syestem restores to try and get back my original AVG but to no avail.

I have ended up installing AVG 2012 and now my broadband speed is down to 1.14meg.

I dont know if this is anything to do with the new software or what, but how can I get the BT Netprotect to install properly please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
raymie67
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Netprotect Plus installation failure

Go to solution

if you want just AV protection then why you try AVAST, it's free and not tied to one ISP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
headers2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The thing is I reported my broadband as being terribly slow and I was told by BT that it was down to my Virus protection AVG and the fact that my Home hub was old.

So I've replaced the home hub and I thought that as Netprotect Plus was part of the Option 3 (free) product, then I would install it.

Problem is it wont install.

Yes I could try avast, I could even stick to AVG, which is what I probably will do.

I just wanted to know why Netprotect failed to install or what procedures I should carry out to remove AVG prior to installing thats all.

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

AVG above a certain version a few years ago did run very slow compared to previous ones but I suspect that is not your broadband speed issue.

AVAST in my opinion is a better AV than AVG now and less instrusive speed wise on slower machines.

You should post your adsl stats from the hub here, I suspect you have been fobbed off with trite excuse number 217 rather than the BT bod actually bother to look at your issue, sadly it happens all the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings