I have a new PC with windows 7 Pro 64bit running on it. I loaded a copy of BT Netprotect which until I removed it was up to date as of 30 minutes ago. All seemed okay until I started to try and use search facilities.
I have removed it to check out an issue I have been having with Windows 7 Indexing options ever since I loaded NP+. It seems there are conflicts between Netprotect Plus and Search in that indexing is not working properly whilst NP+ is loaded. Having removed NP+ I find now that my index is rebuilding and across 2 disk partitions on separate disks I now have >21000 items and increasing as I write.
Prior to removing the NP+ I found that the only indexed items were <1000 items and searches were not finding files I knew existed. So I did a rebuild and found that only <1000 items would be indexed despite knowing there were in fact 1000's of items. I checked out McAfee issues site and found that there were a number of possible solutions but none seemed to work for me. I tried stopping McAfee for an hour but nothing seemed to change I left rebuild on overnight but nothing changed.
As I say nothing has fixed the issue except removing NP+. Since this is completely unacceptable to run a PC without virus protection I am in need of elp to get the system protected again. I am a Total Broadband option 3, or whatever it is called these days, user and therefore have NP+ as part of my paid for package.