cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: BT Network does not recognise iPhone X

Go to solution

Finally got to speak to someone with access to the Hub systems. Admitted that the chat team just have access to the sales systems which is not sufficient in this case. Took my IMEI off me manually and hopefully this will be manually updated onto the system within 5 working days because the usual automated update (from reinserting the SIM) clearly isn’t working in my case.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution
As an update the BT Mobile fault finding service now recognised my iPhone X, but the My BT Mobile page for my SIM still shows phone type and IMEI as unavailable and all my account settings are unavailable (yellow warnings ⚠️).
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Finally got My BT to recognise the iPhone X. Swapped the nano SIM card out into an old Nokia N78 using a SIM adapter and the network was triggered to send out new settings. Then My BT recognised the N78 & IMEI.

Then returned the SIM to the iPhone X and its Type & IMEI was recognised. This hadn't worked before, so the manual change by the hub team must have unfrozen the ability to recognise new phones.

Only problem left now is the unaccessible settings - will see if they unfreeze at my next bill date.

Finally, and the icing on the cake.... My BT app is showing Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling options!! Although neither is working just yet. These weren't there before the network recognised the phone type, which explains why I was so keen to get this problem fixed. The network needs to know the phone before it'll offer you these functions!!

0 Ratings