Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJMuir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT New Install Slow Speeds

Go to solution

So, the Openreach engineer has just left. Informs me everything is fine on the line. Of course, I expected this as it always works fine during the day. Give it a few hours and we'll be back to square 1. 😞

0 Ratings
DJMuir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

So, after the engineer visited today, I completed a tracert to bbc.co.uk. Results here.

tracert pm - SLOW.PNG

At this time, I was getting reasonable expected speed. Approx 55mb download, 10mb upload.

Just now, I have completed the same test. Note the differences:

tracert pm - SLOW.PNG
Apparently there was no fault when tested. I cant accept that is the case and that there must be something wrong in the infrastructure. Just now I am getting 3mb download.

Can this be correct?

0 Ratings
FOnogo
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Are you using wifi or a LAN cable to connect your computer?

0 Ratings
DJMuir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

It's wired. Tried several cables on multiple devices. All similar results. (Trained as a cisco engineer many years ago, so familiar with diagnosing faults. Annoyingly, can't fix them when you don't have access to the infrastructure!).

Anyway, BT have agreed to send out an engineer out of normal hours and will be getting a late night visit when the issue is actually occurring. Waiting on a call back just now not agree the evening they will visit.

0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution
'Anyway, BT have agreed to send out an engineer out of normal hours and will be getting a late night visit when the issue is actually occurring. Waiting on a call back just now not agree the evening they will visit.'

Never heard of an out of hours engineer before, with the exception of welfare cases.....

You sure BT aren't telling you porkies?
0 Ratings
DJMuir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

It's 3.41 and he is here now. I thought this was "in-hours".

So again, we go through the same process. Testing the line, when it works, no issues I expect.

Complete and utter joke BT!

0 Ratings