cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cityangel
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT New Order

I ordered my BT Broadband and phone on the 16th June and the young lady I spoke to asked me when I wanted my service to be activated which was 1/7 or 2/7. She said if they could do it earlier or not on that date they would let me know by email.

Was a bit surprised when I Looked on My BT today to discover it wouldnt be activated until 7th July which is 3 weeks, is that how long it takes nowadays, last time I had bt it only took 10 days and I was up and running.

Also it says Ive requested BT Sport which I didnt mention or ask for, but I see thats free for 3 months so assume they will contact me after that so I can cancel that.

Finally it says an engineer will come on July 7th to install a phoneline - I did say on the phone that the house has a phone master socket with Openreach written on it and the people who left the house last week have had a phone in there for 2 years, they cancelled their service last week, so I know the phone line works ok so why do I need an engineer?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT New Order

If they only cancelled their service last week, then that is the reason for the delay, as time is needed for their Service Provider to cease the line, before BT Retail can take it over.

If the line tests OK, then a visit is not normally needed, but one is booked, just in case there are any problems. Otherwise it may take a long time to get another oppointment.

0 Ratings
cityangel
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply Keith

They gave their provider ( Sky broadband and talk) a months notice and their phone line and broadband was disabled on 11th June. 

Re engineer, thats fine, cant imagine we will need one because they've had no problems with their phone and as I said Ive checked its a master socket. plus the bt pole is right outside our house lol.

Theyve allocated me a new number so when will they test the line.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Try the UK  Order Live Chat Team

0 Ratings