Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danieltanner
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Not Charging Me for Broadband?

Go to solution

Hello all,

Just looking for quick advice. Around 18 months ago I had a fibre connection installed and activated, and my package was updated to phone and unlimited broadband. I'm happy with the connections I have and all is running really well.

However, I logged into MyBT recently (for the first time in a while) and noticed that under "your package" it only lists phone and not broadband. Further inspection revealed that my monthly bills are much lower than expected. Checking my bank accounts I realise that my bills dropped off substantially around 3 months ago (which I suspect, but have not confirmed, was coincident with the end of the 18 contract).

I wanted to resolve this as: 1) I would like to pay for the services I am provided with and 2) do not want a larger bill/hassle in the future or the prospect of my connection suddenly getting cut. Again, the phone and broadband have always worked perfectly.

I have contacted the BT helpdesk twice recently. In the first call I was told that they have no record that I am currently recieving broadband from them so they have nothing to resolve. I made a second call a few days later to see if someone else would have a different opinion but it was the same. I was told that the departments they contacted had no record of my broadband so nobody wanted to engage. The second responder said that they put a note on my account to say I had tried to resolve this, which I could refer to in the future if needed. They also told me to enjoy the reduced costs in the meantime.

I would have preferred to resolve this differently, any thoughts as to what I should do?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Not Charging Me for Broadband?

Go to solution

@danieltanner wrote:

my bills dropped off substantially around 3 months ago (which I suspect, but have not confirmed, was coincident with the end of the 18 contract).

Your BB contract wouldn't just end at completion of min. term. It would then go onto a monthly basis. So it can't be that. Somebody at BT has made a mistake with your MyBT a/c. Did you contact them about then for anything?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @danieltanner

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry you've had problems recently and I appreciate the time you have taken to try and get this sorted out over the phone.  The community won't be able to help with this so you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @danieltanner,

Thanks for sending over the details. I picked up your email and tried to call, sorry I missed you. I'm getting this looked into and will be in touch as soon as I have any updates for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @danieltanner,

I tried calling this morning, sorry I missed you. I was calling to let you know the billing has been corrected on your account and you'll see the correct charges on future bills. Are you happy for me to close this off now?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @danieltanner,

Thanks for taking my call today. As discussed the account error has now been corrected and you'll see the correct charges going forward. If there are any other problems post back and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings