cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Not Honoring Their Contract

I took out a year's subscription for BT Infinity 2, which included a year's free subscription of BT Sport Lite, which is basically BT Sport 1 in standard definition for a year.

A few months ago, I payed up for BT Sport Premium plus HD, which is a monthly subscription. After 5 months I cancelled the HD and the Premium BT Sport.

Now, BT have taken it upon themselves to turn off my BT Sport 1. I called up at the end of last week and they refused to turn it back on because they are "no longer doing the BT Sport Lite deal". That's no concern of mine - when I took out my Infinity 2 deal the agreement was that I get BT Sport Lite for a year. They're saying it won't go back on because I cancelled the BT Sport Premiium.

Was left on hold for 45 minutes on Monday trying to sort this out and then they disconnected the call. Absolute joke customer service. The Infinity contract runs out at the end of February 2017. Can't wait to get rid of them and move to someone else, probably have Sky do the lot. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Not Honoring Their Contract

i imagine the logic is that when you opted to take the full BT Sport pack your subscription to BT Sport Lite was ceased and a new BT Sport pack subscription commenced to which you also added the HD addon. The full BT Sport pack isn't an addon to BT Sport Lite but a different product.  You have now opted to cease the full BT Sport pack (and HD addon) so that service has ceased As I understand it  the BT Sport Lite is now a legacy product that BT are not providing further subscriptions to.

Which platform did you have the BT Sport Lite and full Bt Sport pack on ... eg was it Sky box, Youview box or BT Vision Box ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi.

It was on my Sky HD box.

I still don't subscribe to the fact that my BT Lite should cease. A contract is a contract. Under my Infinity 2 agreement I am entitled to BT Sport 1 in standard definition until that contract expires.

Me adding the premium and HD (which is a one month notice contract) is my choice - that should have no impact on my Infinity 2 contractual agreement. 

Can't wait to get shot of these greedy pigs - I'll be changing the telephone and Broadband over to Sky as soon as the BT contract expires. The calibre of person you speak to at BT now is a joke - I'd be surprised if they can write their own name.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

I suggest you check/confirm when your minimum period broadband contract expires as often to obtain the maximum discounted BT Sport pack price a new minimum period broadband contract (typically 12 months) is required.

0 Ratings