cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jussa21
Contributor
Message 31 of 42

Re: BT O/R Boost Engineer coming.

Hi dersam mine is synced at the cab at 55 I am getting at best 38-40 my line is about 350 my estimate was 55 Bt are looking into it again all I want is for them to reset ip profile and see what happens dont think it was ever set at 80 to see what was the best speed I could get I thought that is was the DLM software was for
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 42

The fact it's banded with a 55meg maximum isn't causing your issue. If your line was capable of getting 55meg in it's current state then it would be hitting the 55meg ceiling. Raising it to 80 won't increase the speed as you're not hitting the limit at the moment.

There is no such thing as resetting the IP profile...the IP profile is dictated by what you're connected at.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 33 of 42

Webby I think your wrong just got this from Bt so are they lying @BTCare: @Jussa21 Engineers need to go back out to reset the profile, can't be done remotely. Does tomorrow AM suit you ok? (8-1) Let me know
0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 34 of 42

@jussa21 wrote:
@Webby I think your wrong just got this from Bt so are they lying @BTCare: @jussa21 Engineers need to go back out to reset the profile, can't be done remotely. Does tomorrow AM suit you ok? (8-1) Let me know

What are you seeing when you run the BT speedtester? What's your IP Profile set to? It's hard to tell what's going on and what's needed if we have no firm figures to work with.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 35 of 42

Ps my Ip profile is 41 and I am hitting that on speed tests so the drop from 55 to 41 is my Line length so if profile is raised to say 60 should see my 55 estimate
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 42

If your profile is at 41 you're in sync at ~43meg. If your line was capable of 55meg then you'd get 55meg sync.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Playful
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 42

That's not strictly true Webby I had a ip profile 35 then it went down to 27 and an engineer came round phoned openreach helpdesk they re-set it manually and it then went to 35 and stayed their till the 17a profile came along.
0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 38 of 42

Webby my ip profile is 41 my sync is 51 on modem stats
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 42

Have you rebooted your home hub? The IP session data picks up the sync from the cab and delivers it to the BRAS which sets your IP profile.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 42

@Playful wrote:
That's not strictly true Webby I had a ip profile 35 then it went down to 27 and an engineer came round phoned openreach helpdesk they re-set it manually and it then went to 35 and stayed their till the 17a profile came along.

More than likely your SNR was high and therefore the connection rate was lower. A reset would have dropped the SNR.

0 Ratings