cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 27

Re: BT Openreach Engineer Jobs

Hi, I worked as a BT FIeld Engineer for several years then left to go back to university. I have been looking to get back into this line of work and was offered a position by Hays in Belfast to work for BT through them contracting. However I had to turn down the position as I am re-locating to the Kent area. I have been unable to find out who deals with the same type of contract work as Hays for mainland England, would anyone know who deals with this,

Thanks

Martin
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 27

I had my interview at the start of September. They told me I'd hear something in two weeks (the interviewer said it would be more like four weeks).

Eight months later at the end of April I was told I was successful and given a start date. Others on my course had their interviews and started in less than two weeks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 27

@marty_20_1983 wrote:
Hi, I worked as a BT FIeld Engineer for several years then left to go back to university. I have been looking to get back into this line of work and was offered a position by Hays in Belfast to work for BT through them contracting. However I had to turn down the position as I am re-locating to the Kent area. I have been unable to find out who deals with the same type of contract work as Hays for mainland England, would anyone know who deals with this,

Thanks

Martin

Might be Kelly Communications

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 27

marty_20_1983 wrote:

Thanks

Martin

Hays, Kellys, Quinns, Telent...

Saying that, in my limited experience, working as a contractor seems to be the "lowest rung" of the ladder so to speak and some of the stories I've heard first hand (which may or may not be true) suggest working for one of those is far from ideal. I don't really want to elaborate on a public forum. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 27

hi I am looking for somewhere where I can apply for a job with bt open reach? I have looked on all websites and I am struggling to find where I apply.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 27

@bbell wrote:
hi I am looking for somewhere where I can apply for a job with bt open reach? I have looked on all websites and I am struggling to find where I apply.

You'll struggle to be honest. A lot of the openings are going via the CTP* or existing employees moving from one trade to another. E.G Fibre to CALOMI. 

Occasionally you'll see openings advertised via Hays but I wouldn't advise going down that route. 

* - https://www.ctp.org.uk/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 27

@bbell wrote:

Hi,

Like the last guy said, I think it's almost impossible to find any links, etc, in regard to applying for an in house Openreach position on the net. Believe me! I've tried. It's like they deliberately make it hard to apply. The only way I got a foot in was because I'm currently working as a contractor on the network and obviously have lots of direct contact with Openreach mangers and engineers. I managed to snag an email address off somebody and after sending my CV and a brief cover letter, I received a reply a few weeks later informing me that I'd past the paper sift as I had the skills and experience they were looking for and that the next stage would be an interview. The only catch being they couldn't give me a definite date as geographical locations are taking priority during the current recruitment phase, and it's simply a posted lottery as to who gets called up first.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 27

I am interested please contact me on my mobile number if there is a vacancy available thank you very much I will IMA mobile number to you **********, Thank you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 27

your posts do not go to BT so unlikely anyone will follow up your invite to call and is thia is a public forum I would delete your mobile number for security and possible unwanted sales calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 27

Have a look at this link

http://www.btplc.com/careercentre/

0 Ratings