cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikel555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT Openreach Engineering Dept are totally incompetent

Well that's a helpful response ! (Not)...I am trying to set up a business but have not yet done so. Based on progress to date, with a broadband service that drops out frequently, I never will do so.

The problem is with the quality of the phone lines to our house, so why would I want to sign up to a Business Account with BT at considerable cost with a minimum contract period of 18 months when they are unable to sort out my residential line.

What priority service ? I have been on Level 2 for the last three months and have spoken to Supervisors, Managers, and still no reliable lines. I have no idea what SLA is but I if BT are guaranteeing it, I won't hold my breath on getting it. As for claiming compensation, based on their offers of £2 per hour for missed appointments, of which I have only received one £10 despite having numerous appointments when no one has showed up, my time is somewhat more valuable than that.

How about the compensation for hours wasted getting to speak to someone in India and then having to go through security checks, reply to questions about what lights are on my home hub when I know the problem is with the line to the exchange.

No thank you Keith, you have not been any help at all. The only help you could provide is to speak to the management at Loddiswell exchange and persuade them to replace the faulty lines.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

I am only a BT customer like yourself, so there is nothing I can do about Openreach, I was only advising that businesses get priority over residential, which is worth considering in future,if your service is going to be critical to your business.

0 Ratings
mikel555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Sorry Keith, I thought you were a moderator who could do something to help...but now I see you are just a good old Sage.

My frustrations with BT are boiling over so apologies for taking it out on you.

Have realised satellite broadband is the only solution for a reliable service here
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 14 of 15

Hi mikel555,

Thanks for posting. We have your email and will be in touch as soon as possible.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
euphrosene
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Sounds like a very similar problem to mine. I know Openreach is part of BT but BT itself has been responsive to me while Openreach has told me what the problem is but is not actually doing anything about it. Yes, I too got the 'lack of resources' gripe too.
artist-writer-author
www.euphrosenelabon.com
0 Ratings