cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WDVince
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

BT Openreach FTTP

Hi. This probably isn't the right place, but.....
I live in Exeter, 0.7 miles from my exchange and at this moment still waiting on a connection to this Superfast Broadband I keep hearing about.
In my area we are expected to receive FTTP rather than FTTC. I know for a fact that the Fibre cables were laid at least 3 years ago, although I'm fairly sure it's now 4 years. I know this as my neighbour was serving them drinks as it was the middle of Summer and the Openreach guys were telling us all about it.
At the moment my exchange is saying it's super fast ready - yet my postcode is still under review. I had been speaking to Mr Franklin by email via nga enquiries, but this email address has since disappeared!
I was last advise that it would go live by the end of December 2013. It didn't happen and I was then told by BT it would be March/April of 2014. Well.... Here we are in 2015 and still on ADSL with no fibre in sight. I have been told that my telegraph pole is able to offer FTTC (it's wired up for it) until Openreach can offer FTTP, but still we have nothing. It's frustrating that in this day and age we can't make use of fibre broadband, you can't contact Openreach and my 4G is quicker that my home broadband! Any ideas anyone? It's really starting to irritate me.
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Openreach FTTP

What does the DSL checker say? www.dslchecker.bt.com
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
WDVince
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

ADSL checker says Under Review. It's been like this for a long time. I'm not covered under the BDUK roll out either. Frustratingly areas around me are connected, but Openreach said they needed to upgrade my street cabinet. I was happy with that until an SFI engineer told me as its FTTP, it would bypass a street cabinet anyway. All very frustrating and confusing.
0 Ratings
WDVince
Beginner
Message 4 of 16

Sorry, I was referring to the Openreach checker. Here's what the ADSL checker says.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 11 -- 6.5 to 15 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 11 Up to 1 6.5 to 15 Available
ADSL Max Up to 6 -- 5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 16

Did it confirm your exchange and say you're connected to a cabinet? If so, which one?
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
WDVince
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

It says my Exchange is Exeter and served by cabinet 43.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

unfortunately your cabinet does not show any estimated dates for fibre connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 16

Sorry, all I can suggest is you contact Openreach using their web form https://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq/contact-us-form.aspx

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
WDVince
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Thanks for your reply. Very frustrated considering I live so close to the exchange.
0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 16

I don't see the web form either, so sorry once again.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings