Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

BT Openzone autologin

Hello folks,

Thought I'd make a seperate thread for this one.  There's another thread asking about the BBTalk software for the new phones here and I mentioned Openzone autologin, Raid1968 said it would be better if a third party came upwith something, so I did a bit of looking around and found this bit of software...

Easy Wifi

So far I've only tested it at home, but it does appear to work... you sign up for an account and add your Openzone login details to it, then when the software is loaded onto the device, you can choose to sign up (this takes you to a IE registration page that also gives you the option to login to an existing account) then using the normal WinMo wifi connection software connect to Openzone, fire up EasyWifi and the web log in bit is done by default.  I'm led to beleive that if you leave it running in the backgroud when your phone automatically connects to Openzone, EasyWifi will automatically log you in.  I shall test this more today when I'm out and about.

If you fancy trying it, I think a few caveats are needed... I don't accept any responsibility for anyone having issues by signing up and using this software, it's your decision if you want to give your Openzone login details to a third party.  Also, be aware that when it autologs in, you'll start eating your OZ minutes, so it may be best to only run it when needed.

I shall report back when I've done a bit more testing.

Cheers

Alun

"Can a leopard change it's shorts?" - T Prattchet
9 REPLIES 9
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Openzone autologin

Hi Alun, thanks for the mention and I totally forgot all about easy wifi, I used to use this a while ago, very handy little program.

Raid

0 Ratings
ausernoname
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for that Alun will try it out on my way to work.

At the moment have found openstreetmap (gps) that does not need a connection to be best for me

Bill

0 Ratings
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Well, I've finally tested this out in the wild.  Went to my usual haunt (Starbucks... Grande 4 shot Americano please!) but the wi-fi signal there is really flakey, and couldn't connect.  So, I was in another part of the city yesterday and stood outside Cafe Nero (much better signal, not such good coffee), I let windows connect to Openzone automatically, then fired up Easy Wifi, within seconds it had logged in, I then opened IE and was straight on the net!  I didn't log out... probably should have checked that... next time.

So far, getting on the net at an openzone hotpot is much easier!

Cheers
Alun

0 Ratings
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Yes Easy Wifi lives up to its name and yes you should have logged out........ bang there goes 15 minutes right there.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I have tried the program for the last week. It may be coincidence but my battery life has gone down, doesn't even last the working day despite. My phone is charged every night and comes off charge just before i walk out the door. I have now uninstalled the program and will try it again.

0 Ratings
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Did you have it set to run all the time in the background... if so that might explain the extra drain on the battery.  I just open it when I need it... no noticeable effects on battery.

Cheers
Alun

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

It auto loaded when the phone turned on. Even if i clicked the X on the boot up screen it still seemed to run in the background. I will try it for a few days and see what happens. I am now on the £5 "unlimited" data package as these Touch2's really hammer the data.

0 Ratings
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to File Explorer, My Device> Windows> StartUp and locate the Easy Wi-fi short cut, press and hold on the shortcut, and select "cut" from the list, navigate up to "my Documents" and select "menu" edit> Paste... this effectively stops easy wifi from starting up when the phone boots, if you want to revert back, just cut the shortcut back.  Now, you just need togo to you programs to start easy wifi when needed.

See if that helps

Alun

Oh, also, pressing X in a program puts it in the background, press and Hold X will close it.

0 Ratings
glynwhite
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Just offering my tuppence worth.

This little programme kept my panel lit up, had to kill it to go back in the dark

0 Ratings