Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Confused_User
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Openzone

Go to solution

New user with HTC Touch and need guidance on using Openzone/FON when out & about. I often see the Openzone in the list of WiFi connections on my Touch but when I connect to it I'm not too sure as to what to do next to get Internet/email connection.

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Openzone

Go to solution

All you need to do is connect using your master e-mail address and password, but you are limited to 500 minutes depending on your BB plan.

While out an about, should you see BT Fon, you can connect to that as well in the same way, but with no limit of minutes.

Ray.

Ray.

0 Ratings
Confused_User
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Probably didn't make myself clear. When I'm at home and connected VIA my hub I can just open my browser and get on the web. If I am out and connect via Openzone I cannot get a web page. What do I need to do as I cannot find any instructions!
0 Ratings
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi.

Try this:

Once you are connected to the BT0OZ/FON wi-fi network

• Launch your browser. This should load the BT FON landing page automatically, if it does not, enter www.btopenzone.com in the browser address bar.
  • Select BT Total Broadband from the drop down menu on the BT FON landing page where it asks you to choose your service provider.
  • When prompted, simply enter your login username and password that you used to register to BT FON (i.e. your@btinternet.com e-mail address and password) and connect.
  • Leave the browser window minimised that you used to connect so that you can use it to simply disconnect at the end of your session.
  • Launch another browser window (or tab) and you are ready to access the Internet!
0 Ratings