Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sphere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: BT Parental Controls Unavailable

Go to solution
I have sent the details requested and thanks again for helping out. I've been very frustrated for the past two days I would like to apologise for my posts which reflected my mood when I posted.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Sphere,

Thanks for sending over the details. I picked up your email and tried calling, sorry I missed you. I’ve checked the account and can see that the case has been passed to the parental controls team to look into. They’ll contact you directly to discuss this but can you please post back and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Sphere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

I'm still having problems with parental controls. I apologise I was not available when you called. I still have an issue with some applications not connecting to servers.

I've had to use VPN to access the servers, I've also had success today on my mobile by changing the DNS servers.

I hope the issue is resolved as soon as possible.

0 Ratings
Sphere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution
It's a shame the fault was reported on the 26th September but it has not yet been fixed. Why don't BT fix this issue as a lot of people have posted about parental controls it's unfair I have to pay extra for a VPN so I can access games and sites which should not be blocked at all...............
0 Ratings
Sphere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Does the support department at BT employ somebody who understands English? It's 18th October 2017 my issue has not been resolved. In regards to making comments about leaving BT I have every right I pay them to provide me a flawless service.

I understand sometimes things can go wrong but once the issue has been raised with BT support I expect it to be resolved in a timely manner. I have been with BT for approximately 25+ years. If BT can charge for late payments then as a customer I expect my issue to be resolved on time.

I am paying extra for a VPN service to allow me access to sites which should not have been blocked by BT parental controls so please don't tell me what I can and can't complain about.

0 Ratings
dgw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Yes I was looking at this, and thinking if you can't change the DNS on your router, just do it for each individual device you are having issues with including PCs

0 Ratings
Sphere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution
Thanks for the suggestion dgw1. I am aware that DNS settings can be changed on devices to enable access to sites which have been blocked by BT Parental Controls.

I don't have the energy to repeat the task on each and every individual device. BT should provide functionality on the router firmware to enable a consumer to change the DNS servers.

They allow this change to be made on the business home hub but not on the normal home hub.

I am going to get advise on this issue from consumer action groups this forum is filled with posts regarding issues caused by parental controls yet no fix ihas been issued by BT.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Sphere,

Thanks for posting. I called yesterday evening, sorry I missed you. I've picked up your case and have passed the details to the parental controls team to look into. I'll be in touch as son as I have any updates for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Sphere,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. Can you check if you're able to access the parental controls and let me know if there are any changes at your side?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Sphere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution
I apologise for the delay in replying. I have tried accessing the Parental Controls with no success. Interestingly I have 5/7 extras activated when only 4/7 were active.

I don't know what other extra has been activated on my account but it has not resolved my issue.
0 Ratings