cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnsumner
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Pensioner discounts

Hi, Been going round in circles and did not really know where to post this.

I have found allot of information re -  BT pensioner discounts for line / broadband etc, but none of the information is current so perhaps its easy to obtain a discount now.

Has anyone succeeded in obtaining a pensioners discount on products and if so how???? 

Many thanks

John.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DavidM
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Pensioner discounts

Hi @johnsumner and welcome.

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We don't currently have any pensioner discuont broadband offers running but I'm sure we can get you on to the best available option for you. If that suits drop me over an email with your details and we'll take it from there. You might also want to check out How can I apply for a BT Employee, Contractor or Pensioner Discount? on the BT Shop.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
sdapm03
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

They send you a framed certificate thanking you for contrition’s you have made over the years but as soon as you leave BT don’t care one bit it wouldn’t cost them a penny to give all pensioners free broadband. As I believe even though we have left we are all still ambassadors for BT. BR get free first class rail travel and underground travel.

A friend from one of the electrical supply companys gets free internet and a discount on his electricity.

So BT is not very good at looking after their pensioners.

0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi @johnsumner  i don't know anything about pensioner discounts as such but there is something called BT Basics which may help you. It is basically phone and broadband at £30 every quarter although there are limits to your usage on both services .... could this be what you mean ? I will leave a link anyway which explains it a better than i can and it lists the qualifying benefits needed to be on this package. I am on this package and i have never used anywhere near the amount i allowed on calls or broadband usage so if the person you are making the enquiry for is a light user then it should be fine for them but the customer service operator will talk to you about your usage etc.

http://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/BTBasic/Overview/index.htm

0 Ratings