Did you mean: 
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 4

BT Player freeze requiring box restart

This morning I played from the BT Player - Library - Editors Clips

Funny Sporting Moments 2 --  opting to select play all HD 

3 of the clips played ok but the 4th (Streaker hits Ribery in the face)  froze midway through.

the box was not responsive thereafter other than the Youview button which responded once but would not do anything more.

Eventually I restarted the box (holding power button for 8 seconds)  - Subsequently I went back into the player and reselected Funny Sporting Moments 2 and it reumed from the point it had frpzenlast time.

I then selected Funny Sporting Moments   - opting to select play all HD    - this froze on the clip of the manager sitting on the cooler box   and again only a box restart would give me a functioninmg box.

So looks like there are issues with the BT Player library and the handshaking between the Bt Player and Youview as BT Player faults should not impact the other functionality of the box.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Player freeze requiring box restart

There is a known intermittent issue with playing OD content on the G4 box, I have it playing Music and reported it via the Mods a few weeks ago. Latest I have been told, it is inhand with BT and YouView to resolve.
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Is there an existing thread on this problem ...

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

I've not seen one, we are the only two who have mentioned this issue.
0 Ratings