Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank1216
Contributor
Message 21 of 73

Re: BT Price Increases (December 2011)

Hello.

I have just found my email about the price rise in my SPAM folder, it seems strange that an email from BT is redirected to the spam folder, were they trying to hide something and hope we would not notice the price increase.

Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 73

no frank mail does go astray some times emails from my bank often end up in my spam folder
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 73

Some spam settings pick up on if there is html or links, or certain words and then puts them in the spam folder.

I don't use web mail, and I can recieve a mail from one company okay one day, and the next time it comes through it might be classed as spam.

You should check your spam folder on a regular basis just to be on the safe side,Smiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 73

Hello there, re my post, 15/11/11

Hi john46 no there's nothing in spam folder, I had already checked. So yet another customer not notified, my bill is due on the19th November so will check again then.              

Just checked my email's and guess what, dated 18/11/11 in my spam folder notification of price increases.

How on earth do email's from BT to my BT Internet address get into spam folder.

Patty-L

Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 73

cannot explain it they just do sometimes
0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 73

Like many here I also haven't received an email (I'm on paperless).

But assuming I'm reading correctly....

From Broadband price changes drop down.

"Why not take one of our BT Infinity packages instead? We offer BT Infinity Option 1 with the Unlimited Weekend plan for £18, or the BT Infinity Option 2 with Unlimited Anytime plan for £28 (increasing to £29.40 from the 3rd December)"

As I am on Infinity Option 1 with unlimited weekend plan, there is no mention of a BB increase.... Smiley Very Happy

But the bad news...

The line rental price is increasing from £13.90 to £14.60.... +0.70p

The Unlimited Anytime Plan is increasing from £4.70 to £4.90..... +0.20p

So a monthly increase of 0.90p

If that is the case then for me it's good news.... Just wish my BG gas bill reflected a similar size increase!!!

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 73

PLEASE GO TO BBC WATCHDOG SITE AND INPUT ALL THESE COMMENTS. ITS ONLY LIKE TYPING ON HERE. IF WE ALL PUT OUR COMPLAINTS ON THERE BT WILL BE PUT UNDER PRESSURE. ALSO GO TO OFCOM AND COMPLAIN TO THEM. BT WILL GET A FINE AND OFCOM WONT BE HAPPY TRAWLING THROUGH ALL THESE EMAILS.

I USED FACEBOOK TO GET PEOPLE TO LEAVE BT AFTER THEY RIPPED ME OFF FOR £50. IT HAS COST THEM MORE THAN THE £50 IN LOST REVENUE.......

REMEMBER WATCHDOG, OFCOM AND TRADING STANDARDS.

TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE THEM CHANGE

0 Ratings
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 73

BT will get a fine and just pass it onto it's customers...

Great idea Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 73

as ttyrie has said bt will just penalise us all for the fact they cannot be honest.

Watchdogs a good idea though esp as it was a hidden notification. BT are aware of the fact that emails may get spammed or trashed by their own spam filter yet magically don't make any plans to address this?

Its like saying " ok so i want to eat but cant be bothered to go to the kitchen" Its all in their power and they are fully aware of the situation but choose to ignore it and then happily take money from people even with another year of substantial profit and minimal service.

Highlighted
steam41
Beginner
Message 30 of 73

If my reading of the increases is correct, the line rental is increasing by £0.70 but they are also removing the £1.25 deduction for paying by DD, so in fact line rental is going up by £1.95pm!

Luckily my contract is up 20th Jan and I will be leaving. Had disasters recently when they phoned me to offer me a good deal on switching to Infinity - worst mistake ever! After lies upon lies about the amount I had been offered I tried to cancel before it was installed and every day I was told it had been cancelled only to get emails saying the engineers were coming out as planned etc etc Eventually I got it cancelled but then they couldnt et me back on my original contract and I was told I had just signed a new 12 month contract!!

I supposedly have it sorted now but am dreading changing come January cos I just do not believe them. Only got it sorted by emailing Warren Buckley direct and then his office panicked! 

Even after the disasters I was gonna stay with BT but not now - they are not £11pm better than Sky or another provider!

0 Ratings