cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 51 of 73

Re: BT Price Increases (December 2011)

Other than reading about the price increases here in this forum, Ive only just received official notice from BT by letter today.

The first sentence reads;

"We are writing to tell you this news as we have been unsuccessful in contacting you via email recently".

I'm appalled to read them say this.

BT emails are filtered to one of my folders in BT Yahoo mail.

All their other emails successfully goes there including my BT bills and BT Broadband emails, etc etc.

My email hasn't changed its the same as when I first signed up!

I read my email several times a day and check the Spam folder too [not too many in there fortunately].

At least I'm out of contract and free to leave.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 73

Frankly, I think that BT have badly mishandled this. Firstly, I also got a letter, today, telling me that my charges will go up as from 2 days ago. So, for a start, they couldn't even be bothered to tell me this was happening until two days after it did. Secondly, the letter was far from clear, just telling me 'prices will go up', and that's about it. For full details, I have to go to 'bt.com/broadbandpricechanges' - which doesn't exist. Thanks to the person who opened this thread, I now have the correct address, which tells me that my charges for broadband are going to go up by £1, which actually isn't too bad, but other ISPs would at least have the decency to give 30 days notice of any such change, not -2 (even AOL does, so I can actually accurately say that BT, in this at least, is worse than AOL, and I didn't think that was actually possible). The incompetent way they have handled telling me this simply continues my experience of BT thus far, which is that they are a bunch of utterly clueless baboons.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 53 of 73

I too got the letter today telling me about price rises. Two days after it happened.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 54 of 73

I also note that the email that starts this thread makes no mention of the removal of the paper free discount on the 3rd

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 73

In all honesty its just shocking that they actually finally notified people of the "changes" by letter 2 days after the price hikes , when they have know of the issue for months.

I also love how they keep the loss of the online billing discount hidden and dont even mention it on the https://www.pricechange.bt.com/login which tells me my bills only going up by a lil under £2.

Tbh this will be my last year with bt 3 price hikes in a year is beyond daft, (to people saying 5% is fair its well over inflation and total hikes for the year amount to around 15%) so just under half a billion net profit 2010/2011 well over a billion profit in 2011/2012?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 56 of 73

I agree that BT very badly mishandled this. I always thought about BT as a largely incompetent but essentially honest company. And it seems I was wrong about one of these. That being said, they did send me a colourful magazine a few weeks ago, which they claimed informed me about the price hike. However, since it looks like just another piece of advertisement, I immediately discarded it into the bin. So it was about as obvious as the hidden link in the bill that some other people received. These are sleazy methods you would expect from some mail order companies or pay day loan providers, but not from BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 73

Id like to know when they started charging for calls where you found the number's engaged and didnt get through, when did they tell us they would charge?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 58 of 73

@desperation wrote:

Id like to know when they started charging for calls where you found the number's engaged and didnt get through, when did they tell us they would charge?

If the number is engaged, you do not get charged.

Read this post and see if this was happening:

http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Charged-for-engaged-calls/td-p/264387

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 59 of 73

Hi toekneem,

Your link doesn't work for me, I noticed this yesterday when I tried to post a link from the forums.

EDIT  A link to the mods I posted earlier doesn't work either, it has worked in the past, any ideas??

Patty-L

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 60 of 73

@Patty-L wrote:
Hi toekneem,

Your link doesn't work for me, I noticed this yesterday when I tried to post a link from the forums.
Patty-L

Hi Patty, Thats strange , i have just clicked on it and it opens up with the thread. This is using Firefox 8.0 and the old laptop with Vista.

have you tried another browser

ps: Yours was the 4th post in that link

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings