Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 11

BT Price Increases

Hi,

I received a letter from bt stating that the line rental and calls are going to be increased. Does this mean that I can end all of my services early (BT Broadband, BT Vision and Evening and weekend calls) without being charged for cancellation?

Please can someone clarify this as I want to switch to Virgin Media.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Price Increases

Yes i want to know this as well.

Another company with very similar name to BT is rolling out phone line packages with broadband, very attractive prices and uncapped broadband. Very likely i will go there.

OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

0 Ratings
damview
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Oldgold,

That question your refer to was asked in Jan 2010 - over 7 months ago - we need upto date information on BT's excessive price increase policy not old stuff.

BT - please aswer the original posters question - after he is a customer of yours - well at the moment......

0 Ratings
damview
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Hi Earndad - would love to know what company as I'm thick and can't work it out!

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi all

The changes that we are making will affect our customers differently depending on their individual situation. If you want to discuss how these changes will affect you, please get in touch. Send an e-mail to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your account details and a link to this thread, and I’ll look into this for you.

Cheers

Nigel

BT Community Mod

Nigel

BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gaz_uk
Message 7 of 11

I am discusted with BT and their attitude to the price increases. I have already put in a complaint as from day 1 BT could not get things right. I had to complain multiple times to get the hole in my street filled and my line connected. A couple of months ago I asked for my billing to be changed to the 1st of each month and my deposit back. I was told not a problem. Only to discover that I had been changed from monthy billing to quartly billing moving my cost per month from around £55 to £89. Then I call to get my deposit back to my card only to be told twice this would be done and now I've been told it can't be done. It must be sent to my phone bill! Then you put up the prices and say I have no choice but to pay it! I think you lot should be ashamed of yourselves. 50p extra a month is disgusting while you have a contract. If I decided to pay less I think you'd be sending the debt collectors around but when its the other way you're not interested. I have a year to go and have Line, Broadband and Vision. I don't think I'll stay with the poor customer service we all seem to be getting!!!!

0 Ratings
rusnewman
Message 8 of 11

Hi Damview, I think you're after a company called bethere.
0 Ratings
annawriting
Message 9 of 11

I also feel totally taken advantage of.. I was with my previous supplier for over 6 years without any increase in rates for broadband or phone calls.  I nearly cancelled when BT changed the time for offpeak calls, but thought well I also have BT vision so I let this slip.  They increase there prices, offering something I do not need or want as "compensation".  I wanted to get all my services from one supplier my previous supplier did not offer the "TV" side so I switch to  BT which I regret doing now.  Also the Sky offer, I have been told noone in my area can recieve this yet people who signed up for it are still being charged.

Thanks BT advise on how to cancel as you have changed the T&Cs yet again would be appreciated or at least offer to honour what I signed up for in the first place.

0 Ratings
loumall13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

BT price increases are a joke, i only changed my broadband to them so i only paid one supplier rather than two different ones. But since changing over to BT my costs have gone up quite a bit.

You would have though customer loyality meant something to them, can't they offer discounts for people signed up to them for calls & broadband. I know one thing i am seriously thinking of changing to someone else when my contract is up, anyone know of the best to go with? i was told Virgin are good

0 Ratings