Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
far778
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Privacy At Home (free Caller ID) not working

Go to solution

We have recently gotten BT Infinity and, as part of this, we requested BT Privacy at Home again which we have had since at least 2013 to enable us to have caller ID for free. However, mysteriously, ever since the end of November, caller ID has stopped working. I have tried resubscribing to the service by phone, trying it online several times (both as a new order and as a re-contract for 12 months) and even, as a last resort, taking it off and putting it back on again 2 days later. Sadly, none of this works. I am frustrated to say the least. Can anyone help me? Your complaints team assured me it would be back on the line by Tuesday evening at the latest but this has not happened either.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
far778
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Privacy At Home (free Caller ID) not working

Go to solution

It was finally fixed this morning after yet another order attempt.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Far778,

Welcome to the forum.  Really sorry to hear of the problem that you have had with caller display.

I am glad to see this has now been fixed.  Thanks for coming back and posting here to let us know its been sorted Smiley Wink

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
june19
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
BT Privacy with Caller ID is a separate contract from your Broadband Contract. In order to get it free you are locked into a 12 month phone line contract for 12 months from the date you order it. After 12 months it is chargeable at £1.75 per month unless you re-order it and start another 12 month phone line contract. Hope this helps.
0 Ratings