Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karri44
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Privacy at home

Go to solution

Hi, not sure if i am posting in correct place, but here goes...I have recently had A BT package on a twelve month contract - Infinirty broadband 1, unlimited weekend and evening call, BT TV. All fine so far, On Thursday 29 Jan, decided to activate the privacy call feature,so we can see whose been calling. I understand that this is free for the first year. However, once i had placed the order, the confirmation email seems to suggest that this will lock me into a further 12 month contract - i phoned up to cancel under the 7 day cooling off period,  and a helpful lady assured me this was not so, so i said i would consider it (whilst trying to research what actually happens). Then, when i checked on the  order tracking yesterday 31 Jan. It says the service will be activated on Monday 2 Feb, then  'in progress', but there was also a section under the phone line part on the order saying that my broadband infinity 1 would be activated although it did state 'complete' under the section. This tends to suggest worryingly that i am about to be charged twice for something i am already paying for? I really want to cancel the caller privay service before the 7 day cooling off period is up, so i phoned the help line, was assured i am not being charged for the service (i know that!) ...i did state that i wanted to cancel clearly and politely several times, but  i fear that this will not happen. I have received no confirmation email and the order still says it's being tracked to go ahead. Please, how do i cancel before my cooling off period ends  on the 4th Feb?   Thanks, Kaz

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Privacy at home

Go to solution

Orders quite often show activation dates for an existing service, so do not worry, its not a double order.

Getting the free BT Privacy and caller display, does involve renewal of the phone line rental for 12 months, not the whole of your contract.

0 Ratings
Karri44
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Privacy at home

Go to solution
Many thanks for your kind help.
0 Ratings