cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 35

Re: BT Read This - Its not your SmartHub its your Firmware

I dont have a problem after my HH6 finally updated to latest firmware after 2 months "trying".

0 Ratings
Nick1961
Beginner
Message 32 of 35

Hub number 5 has arrived & it's yet another HH6. I really can't see the point in setting this one up until I have some reassurance that it's not going to go the same way as the previous 4 smart hubs.

At the moment I'm getting by with a third party hub which is down 8mb & doesn't have the same Wifi range as the HH6.

Another irritation is that despite agreeing that the replacement hubs would be sent to my work address, 3 out of the 5 have been sent to my home address. That's 3 unnecessary trips to the post office to collect them. Even the simple things seem to be a challenge for BT!

The HH6 is a great bit of kit when it works & I hope BT get to the bottom of this problem sooner rather than later.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 33 of 35

Hi @Nick1961 Sorry you are being sent so many new hubs.

We will be happy to help you with the problem with your current hub if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Fatworm
Beginner
Message 34 of 35

Just a quick addition to say that I too have the firmware update and HH6 (SmartHub) not working issue.

Just happened again this morning and that will be approximately the 6th time. I had the first two HH6s replaced but for the last few times, I get onto the online chat, they run some tests and then say they are "trying something" and it magically works. Each time I've asked what they did and I normally get a fairly flakey answer thats not very specific. Each time they've asked me to do a reset (which never works after the firmware update). Interestingly, the last time, I actually didn't do the reset even though they told me to and all of a sudden it connected (after weeks of not connecting and me reverting to HH5).

My pattern is HH6 bricked, plug in HH5 and all okay, find a spare 60 minutes to get on chat and they fix it (and there's normally a very amusing discussion explaining that I can't talk to them on chat when I unplug the HH5 and plug in the new HH6 - without fail!). Must be a nightmare for anyone without the HH5 as backup though...

0 Ratings
jazzguy
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 35

Which firmware version are you referring to?

0 Ratings