cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Refuse to give me my Sainsbury Vouchers!

Back in February I was contacted by BT over the phone and asked if I wanted to change providers to BT, as they now had unlimited Broadband I said yes.

I went online to have a look at the deal in more detail and saw the offer the for the Sainsbury vouchers.

I rang the helpline and explained that I wanted to cancel my order and order again online, thus qualifying for the vouchers.

The nice girl cancelled by original order and explained that I was now able to order the package online ... this I did.

The period for my vouchers to arrive came and went so I sent a message to BT to ask them where they were.

The reply I got was that because the order wasn't placed online I didn't qualify.

Needless to say I was a bit miffed, I've had three replies now from Samia (BT Vouchers Team) and he seems to have washed his hands of me (how rude!).

I know I ordered online but he said BT have no record of this ... this has left a very bitter feeling in my mouth towards BT but what can I do??

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Refuse to give me my Sainsbury Vouchers!

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

@cliff1959 wrote:

Back in February I was contacted by BT over the phone and asked if I wanted to change providers to BT, as they now had unlimited Broadband I said yes.

I went online to have a look at the deal in more detail and saw the offer the for the Sainsbury vouchers.

I rang the helpline and explained that I wanted to cancel my order and order again online, thus qualifying for the vouchers.

The nice girl cancelled by original order and explained that I was now able to order the package online ... this I did.

The period for my vouchers to arrive came and went so I sent a message to BT to ask them where they were.

The reply I got was that because the order wasn't placed online I didn't qualify.

Needless to say I was a bit miffed, I've had three replies now from Samia (BT Vouchers Team) and he seems to have washed his hands of me (how rude!).

I know I ordered online but he said BT have no record of this ... this has left a very bitter feeling in my mouth towards BT but what can I do??

AIUI, if you placed the order by phone and then cancelled that order and placed a new one online you wouldn't normally qualify for the vouchers - they're for people ordering for the first time and your first order would have been the original phone order. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi cliff1959,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

As long as we can see the attempted order being placed on BT.com we can help get the voucher sent out.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

If you would also include the link to this thread when you complete the form that would be great!

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hello,

I have gone through exactly the same thing with BT. My case is slightly different in that I was unsuccessful completing my order online so I went to the live chat and they gave me a different online application form. My order was placed online and the vouchers department are saying it was done via a phone call. Therefore I haven't received my £125 sainsburys gift voucher 😞 I have filed a complaint and they keep telling me id be getting a response everyday for the past 2 weeks, no reply or resolution yet!
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi Dave,

RobbieMac was able to help me out and I got what was due so don't give up hope yet.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi Davemuse06 and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having problems getting the voucher offer sorted. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this. Can you please send over the details? You'll get the contact the mods link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings