cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Retail Servers time scale

Does anyone have a time scale of how long it takes for Bt / openreach to fix issues with the bt retail servers?

My braodband does not work. The bt hub 5 has two solid orange lights. It allows me to connect to the wifi (then disconnects) but there is no broadband. Apparently the problem is with the bt retail servers.

I spoke to someone in india that after doins some tests for 30mins sent me a text saying someone will ring me tomorrow regarding the issue but in the mean time i have no broadband and i can not access any of the bt tv channels i paid for due to having no broadband.

Is it possible to switch broadband providers and tv providers with no fees?

The main question i want answering is the first on regarding time scale please.

many thanks for your time.

bt fault.PNG

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Retail Servers time scale

When did you report the fault?

If you are stiil in contract, then switching provider would incur cancellation charges, and you could be without service for a couple of weeks.

Retail servers can mean anything.

Have you looked at the Service Status page to see if yours is part of a large fault?

http://www.bt.com/help/servicestatus

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Hi keith,

The fault started last night but because bt were updating there systems i was not able to report it until today.

Due to it saying that the fault lays at the "bt retail server". Does this mean 100% that the fault is on there end and not my equipment? i have tried my hub at my brothers so i know that works perfectly.

There are no reported problems in my area.

do you have a rough time scale of how long it takes to clear things up with the bt servers.

many thanks for yur reply.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you reported it today, then BT will aim to repair it by the end of Wednesday.

Are you on ADSL or Infinity?

If its Infinity, then Openreach would need to get someone to look in the cabinet.

If its ADSL, then it will be BT Wholesale that would look at the exchange DSLAM or MSAN.

Either way, the fault would still show as BT Retait servers.

Is your phone working OK?

0 Ratings