Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 31 of 40

Re: BT Reveals UK FTTC Self Installation and Vectoring Broadband Trials

fyi replying is not "stopping replying"

I hear you're syncing at 20Mbps now. It took weeks for mine to rise from 76 Mbps to 77 Mbps 🙂

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 32 of 40

Ha yeah, what you get when you mess with the modem firewall settings then can't access it anymore. Had 2 do a hard reset oh well, it should re-sync pretty quickly. 😛

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 33 of 40

Hopefully. Like I said, mine took ages.

I tried resyncing it after a few days but I found on the first resync the attainable would rise and the actual sync would fall, but if I resynced again immediately, the actual sync would rise a couple of hundred.

So I left it alone for a few weeks.
--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 34 of 40

Is this not all irrelevant if the BT network can not handle all the traffic anyway? I am on a 77.44 profile and can rarely get above 15-20Mbps after 6pm!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 35 of 40

@Jorvikwarrior wrote:

Is this not all irrelevant if the BT network can not handle all the traffic anyway? I am on a 77.44 profile and can rarely get above 15-20Mbps after 6pm!

That sounds like a problem local to you. There is no speed drop after 6pm here.

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 36 of 40

@Jorvikwarrior wrote:

The title is misleading, it should say Openreach about the vecotoring. BT are in no way forced to sell the 100Mbps FTTC if that is what Openreach will be selling in the future. Though I would imagine they would as they support up to 160Mbps though only a small percent can get this speed. I would also expect BT to sell FOD (Fibre on Demand) which is 330/30Mbps.

Have you reported the issue?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 40

Yes I have, the mods are on the case and I am waiting for an engineer as I type. I have spoken to a few people in the area (on different cabinets) who all have drops after 6pm some notice it more than others.

Engineer arrived, Did a quality pair test on a full 80/20 profile (line sync was 95Mpbs) no errors on a 15 min test, engineer called BTW and they said I was not on a hot VP and it was an ISP issue...Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 40

BT Confirm First UK Trial Areas for Superfast Broadband FTTC Vectoring Tech

Openreach has confirmed to ISPreview.co.uk that the first locations to trial its FTTC (VDSL2Vectoring (ITU-T G.993.5) technology in the United Kingdom, which could eventually help ISPs to deliver download speeds of up to 200Mbps (Megabits), will take place in Barnet (London) and Braintree (Essex) in England.

More @ 

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/04/bt-confirm-first-uk-trial-areas-for-superfast-broadband...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 39 of 40

Im still optimistic that this tech would make a major difference in the real world i hope it will as i am one of those people that is 750odd metres from my FTTC and would love to see more bandwidth but BT's estimates where well out when i was qouted line speeds, i can't help but think the same thing would happen here, with the estimate like when some people moving from infinity to infinity2 didn't see any speed difference. Hope im wrong and that the trials actually have people that are on infinity already and not just new connections that had no VDSL history.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 40

I live 1 mile from my local upgraded cabinet. I got BT Faster Broadband and that is stuck at 3mb/s and 1mb/s upload. Its the partial fibre service. The engineer who upgraded me said some of my line is aluminium so thats why the speed is low... will Vectoring help me with my slow speeds?

0 Ratings