cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kerstie
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Reward Card expired

Hello, i really need some help.  I placed my broadband order on the 18 Mar with it going live on the 3 April.  I was unaware that I had to claim the reward so I chased it via live chat on 26th June. They told me someone would get in touch explaining what to do within 7 days.  I heard nothing so chased it agian via live chat on the 3 Jul.  During that chat i was sent a link to claim - not sure why that hadn't happened the week before - but when I clicked on my account the reward had expired on the 2 Jul, the day before.  Live chat said they would raise it to the offline team and someone would be in touch within two days and to date I still haven't had an update.  Please can someone help me??????

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Reward Card expired

@Kerstie I'm sorry to see you're having problems claiming your reward card.  If you contact the rewards card team on this link they'll be able to help. 

0 Ratings
samakar22
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Well, I have just the same problem, and I did what you suggested. No one helped. They claim that they cannot but actually they do NOT want. These cards are designed to trap as many people as possible. I have saved this card for my rainy days, which is right now. I was targeted by a scammer and was left with no money, and police are investigating my case. I am struggling with my bills right now opened my card (it was still in the envelope) and tried to use it while police and my bank are doing them part. Shockingly I found out that this BT reward is another clever scam. So disappointed, So angry and So upset. I am a student this is not fair. After several calls, I could manage to speak with a manager who she offered her help to stop my service only!!! I have never missed or delayed a payment, I have never complained about several disconnections we are facing. I have never caused any problem and that is how BT solve the problem, 'I am really sorry for what happened to you, but we really cannot issue another a card, do you want me to stop your service, now?' 

@NeilO wrote:

@Kerstie I'm sorry to see you're having problems claiming your reward card.  If you contact the rewards card team on this link they'll be able to help. 

0 Ratings
JasonAHMorgan
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I'm having a similar problem. I received my reward card in August 2016 without any notification of an expiry date. I too decided to keep the card to buy my wife a present for our 25th anniversary present the following year (2017) and then, when I tried to use the card in September 2017, discovered it had expired. I checked all my emails and correspondance relating to the card and did not see and mention of an expiry date. The only reference is on the card itself which has been in a draw for safe keeping. I have spoken to the reward card team and was told that someone would call before the end of last week (11/11/2017) but as of yet nothing. I called customer support again today and was told that my account did not contain the notes that should have been there from last and that the guy's supervisor would call me back ..... still waiting.
0 Ratings
andyS3
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I agree. I have the same issue where I've juts gone to use  my Reward card and this is the first time I've seen any info about there being an expiry period for it. Pretty appalling and deceptive behaviour I would say - why isn't the reward card sent out with the initial pack with a clear indication of the expiry date on it.

BT, what can be done about my now expired reward card?

Regards

Andy

0 Ratings