cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Ripping People off!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I was nearing my limit of 40gb so I never used the computer to download anything, I had 1.27mb left this month. Switched on tonight and checked and I'm 2,3gb over the 40gb, very strange how a computer thats not on can use 3,57gb overnigh switched off. Seen before coments here when people get near suddenly without warning your usage jump over the magic 40gb and BT rip you off for the extra charge. Thats the final straw they are the most expensive and at least when Duik Turpin robber you he stuck a brace of pistols in your face.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Ripping People off!!!!!!!!

May i advise before you start abusing BT.

the data usage is not real time its delayed.

if you complain about going over why not go for a better package.

you knew the risk...

move along.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

The usage monitor displays usage 24 hours in arrears you can always upgrade to an unlimited package which will be cheaper than paying excess charges
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

I recently upgraded my mother (85) as her usage suddenly went off the scale. It was showing 5GB in one day. Considering she hasn't got a computer and uses an iPad to send me a message every night etc I was deeply suspicious. Her average monthly use was 1GB. Suddenly in two days she had used 9GB.

I upgraded her. But I don't trust the monitor. I think it is faulty. As for me I haven't been able to access my use for at least a year .
However the sensible thing is to be on unlimited.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 10

I have had the same experience as Stuart. My daughter was on a 40GB package which I arranged for her because while at home, we were on an unlimited package and between three of us we had never used over 30GB. Yet in her new house she managed to use, according to the monitor, over 40GB for two months in a row. After upgrading to unlimited her usage seems to have dropped, yet no change to how she uses her IPad/computer. In fact, before upgrading, according to the monitor she was using over 5GB while on holiday!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

Yes Mother's use has now dropped back to 1GB per month. Very strange.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Val, Before you start defending BT I suggest you read my post again, I dont have to upgrade my package as you put it, I want to know how 3 gb can be used with the computer off and no wifi.

BT have finally confirmed that its their server issue and something is being done. d

Does your hat have a badge saying how qualified you are, or just like talking people down.

move on made me laugh

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

lets please keep things friendly
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 10

If I am understanding correctly, Val did explain correctly.

She said that, because the data is delayed, the additional data was from an earlier day, not the day when you had the computer off.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

It was over a 3 day period with no computer on or wifi switched off, I realise its delayed it states that on the checker. Its always in BTs favour though never the customer. And the help line in India is useless to the point we should refuse to deal with companies who use over sea's call centres, which is most likely the reason people like me come on after 2 hrs going round and round and bite at coments.

0 Ratings