cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT SMART HUB 2 ROUTER SLOW AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE

Go to solution

Hi, Never had any issues before and my Bt Smart hub 2 has worked without any issues . Late last night it done a firmware update to firmware v0.24.04.11017-BT. Now the speed is very slow and my 2 sons are going crazy upstairs as there games wont work.  I have tried 2 factory resets but still the same...Thanks in advance for any answers. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT SMART HUB 2 ROUTER SLOW AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE

Go to solution

Did you remember to disable Smart Setup after the reset

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, yes I did disable the smart setup, the wifi at the moment is horrendous and impossible for any of my sons to play the games which means WAR  !!!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Are you running any complete wi-fi discs and if so did you pair them up to the hub again?

Are other Wi-Fi devices working OK?

Do your sons games machines usually connect on the 5GHz network? If so tell them to forget the existing network settings, temporarily turn off the 2.4 Ghz network on the hub (you'll need a 5GHz Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection to do this), and then set them up again. Once they are set up you can re-enable the 2.4GHz network

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

All done and thanks for your replies, I remembered I had a brand new Bt smart hub 2 in the cupboard which I had when I updated my contract. I fired the new one up and reset the 2 black discs and everything seems to be fine, over 100Mbps on wifi and no lagging and 2 happy sons which make me have a quiet evening.