cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT SPAM: What The Hell Is Going On?

Been getting bombarded since November with ridiculous amounts of SPAM on our BT addresses. Totally unacceptable. It would also be an idea if they actually updated their paying customers with what was actually going on.

I am going to cancel my contract - so had enough of their bad customer service, and don't even get me started on these Indian call centres. This has turned into an absolute joke service. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT SPAM: What The Hell Is Going On?

I agree I have an account that has just started to receive large quanities of SPAM.

Has there been a problem with the main spam filiters with BT Mail ? is there a migration problem ? 

Does any one know ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

A quick perusal of the forum would reveal that SPAM would appear to be a continuing problem one way or another.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

@boamaster wrote:

I agree I have an account that has just started to receive large quanities of SPAM.

Has there been a problem with the main spam filiters with BT Mail ? is there a migration problem ? 

Does any one know ?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Which service are you on ? You can check here :-

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

Migration was suspended on September 2014 with no explanation given, or since.

Spam has increased yet again, and it seems like the BTMail system is very weak when compared to the Yahoo! one. Different people have different spam, and in different quantities. It is lilkely that when an account attracts spam, then it could be seen to be bombarded where prior there were perhaps none.

There are a large number of ways spammers get email addresses.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I am still on Yahoo ....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Between 21 - 31 December I was being spammed a lot too. Raised a formal complaint with BT. Still waiting for any sensible reply apart from the "How to deal with spam" help.

But, since I marked some spam as 'spam' for Yahoo to deal with I haven't had any more this year, not one.

Maybe BT have got their act in gear or maybe the spammer has a bad hangover. Who knows but it's stopped for me.

Try raising a complaint.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

maybe BT should indicate how SPAM is managed without giving away real methods that would only help the spammers but there must be statistics regarding gross volumes , assessments of false positives/negatives, indications of when customers start to manually mark as spam that could translate to a traffic lights system thereby giving the health of the mail vs spam service
0 Ratings