cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

BT SPORT VIEWING CARD

I have only been with BT for a little less than 6 mths and am on my 3rd BT sport veiwing card already. For no apparent reason my card periodically decides to stop working and after ages on the phone to the tech dept and taking out the card, putting it back, turn off the box, pull the mains plug, put it back, turn it on again..... all to no avail, they send me a new card which works for a while. I have missed so much football and Motogp and failed recordings that I cannot keep track, the whole experience has been totally and positively appalling. I have held up my side of the contract but BT seem incapable of providing the service they advertise or really any decent service at all.....Totally disgraceful!

As we speak I am unable to watch BT sport again as my" card is no longer subscribed to that channel" apparently! and now the tech dept says that my veiwing card that has worked ok for 3 weeks is not the right number... oh whatever next?

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
StewM
Guru
Message 2 of 20

Re: BT SPORT VIEWING CARD

Hi, BT are now offering BT Sport over normal broadband lines. Depends if your exchange has been enabled. Try checking here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and post the results.

Stew
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 20

I know it mentions a different error, but have you tried resetting the registration as described here?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38993/c/6401,6576,6576

If that doesn't help you could try re-activating the card on-line as described in the bottom half here (use the link and enter the card number).

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12469/c/6401,6576,6576

Of course you shouldn't have to keep doing this. There is clearly something wrong with your account or the box.

0 Ratings
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

yep do both a reset and reactivate as a matter of routine before I ring the tech dept.
0 Ratings
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

I have BT broadband and do have to watch some events on my laptop but I'd rather be able to watch it on my slightly larger TV from the comfort of my sofa.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 20

@Kevbe900 wrote:
I have BT broadband and do have to watch some events on my laptop but I'd rather be able to watch it on my slightly larger TV from the comfort of my sofa.

What are the results from the service checker that StewM suggested trying? BT seem to now market a BT Sport on BT TV service over ADSL broadband for qualifying customers. So you could potentially watch channels on your TV via the box (including ESPN) using that service.

See this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-the-Box/BT-Sport-over-ADSL/td-p/1259119

0 Ratings
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

The results of the broadband checker are double dutch to me but they are:

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)79.659.92019.6--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)70.341.32013.9--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 8--5.5 to 15Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 8Up to 15.5 to 15Available
ADSL MaxUp to 3.5--2.5 to 6.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------

Available

0 Ratings
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

As expected, after the promise of a call back that never came I had to call the tech dept again and was told that yet another new veiwing card is going to be sent out. I'm sure it will not arrive in time for me to watch coverage of the Motogp this weekend but hey I'm getting used to missing that now. On the plus side though, quite soon I will be in a position to create something from all the useless veiwing cards that I have, so I am open to ideas, perhaps a work of art that I could sell to raise money for a Motogp ticket!!!  

0 Ratings
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

The results are double dutch to me but they are:

High          Low        High            Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)79.659.92019.6--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)70.341.32013.9--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 8--5.5 to 15Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 8Up to 15.5 to 15Available
ADSL MaxUp to 3.5--2.5 to 6.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 20

FTTC stands for Fibre To The Cabinet. That's the normal Infinity broadband set up. The checker is saying you could get Infinity at speeds of anything from 41Mbps to 79Mbps. It all depends on many factors.

So if you have the option of Infinity and Fibre Multicast (which delivers the extra TV channels over Infinity) then we suspect that BT wouldn't offer you the ADSL with Copper Multicast TV service. Nothing to stop you asking though. The multicast TV services don't use a viewing card.

Try building a satellite dish out of the old cards and getting BT Sport that way?

0 Ratings