cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StewM
Guru
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT SPORT VIEWING CARD

That may be the problem. As BT only offer BT Sports over normal broadband to customers who can't get Infinity, perhaps the system keeps removing the availability of the Sports card.
It maybe better to upgrade to Infinity and have the BT Sports delivered over Infinity.

Stew
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 20

Yes, it's a possibility that the system is confusing itself.

I'm sure you agree though that the system shouldn't really be doing that (well not yet). As far as I can see BT have given no formal notification to existing customers about any changes to the BT Sports over TV aerial service.

Customers might eventually get made a good offer to move to Infinity. When they turned off Sky Sports over the TV aerial last year I got moved from ADSL broadband to Infinity with free HomeHub and BT Vision+ box hardware upgrades, no Infinity installation or activation costs, no increase in overall monthly costs for 12 months, and a better calls and TV package with more services.

0 Ratings
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Once again I am without BT Sport and again the Tech Team Supervisor (Swapnil) promised faithfully to call back between 4 and 6 this evening and sent me 2 texts to back up this claim, however, No Call suprise suprise! The Tech team is actually no use whatsoever and I'm now beginning to think they have my name on the computer with a marker to say lets play with this customer and try and push him over the edge so that he leaves BT, believe me I would have done that months ago had they not had exclusive rights to Motogp.

I had asked to be moved over to Sport through the broadband connection but was told that this could only be done after June 2nd so they sent me a new card, then another arrived, then another then a text that said I had not returned my kit and should do so in the bag provided. Customer Services said they didn't know why I had received the text and was to ignore it. My viewing card stopped working again this weekend and I asked again to recieve my BT Sport through broadband the Tech Team said that I had an outstanding order from November that prevented them doing this but they would call back today.

I asked how many times they had logged a complaint call from me so that I could quote this to Customer Servs to try and get some apology or recompense, I had rung them 7 times in June alone and its only the 16th and have I had any joy whatsoever.... NO I HAVE NOT! I may have to leave I can't stand the stress any more, anyone know if I can sue for breach of contract or claim for stress related illness through it?

Sorry for the long rant but I think people should be aware of the pitfalls of entering into a one sided contract with such a diabolical company as BT.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 20

Have you been checking the viewing card info available via Menu > Help & Settings > Settings ?

Normally the system updates that info on a regular basis and you can see the date the service is valid up to a couple of weeks ahead of present day and regularly being rolled forward. If the system stops moving the date forward I assume after a week or two you reach the shown service end date and the service stops after that. Is that what is eventually happening with your card?

0 Ratings
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

I must admit that I've taken no notice of the date shown under card information but the date on there now is 18/08/14 so I'll wait and see.

The latest from BT now is that all my outstanding issues have been cleared so I thought the way was clear to receive my sport through the broadband but no, that would not be the BT way. I've now been told that I can only have sport through broadband if I upgrade to Infinity and that would change my contract so I would lose out on the remaining months of my reduced price deal.

So it looks as if my future with BT is to put up with the constant breakdowns and be prepared to spend hours on the phone to the Tech Dept each time my card stops working and await the postman bringing me replacement veiwing cards on a regular basis. Come the end of contract period I'll be off back to SKY.

Glad I don't have shares in BT, they should HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME!

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 20

Ok, so two months ahead rather than two weeks. It's a long time since I used the viewing card system, but if you check each week or two it should normally keep phoning home and rolling the date forward. If it doesn't then at least you have a deadline for when it will probably next stop working and can hassle BT before it happens. Smiley Frustrated

At times BT are their own worst enemy with the poor levels of support for fixing problems. Sending you yet another card clearly isn't fixing the underlying problem. I can certainly appreciate why some customers tire of the endless long phone callls overseas that usually resolve little and they end up just changing provider. I guess BT management have determined that the lost revenue from some disgruntled customers leaving is outweighed by the large cost saving from using basic cheap overseas call centres. Pretty much every industry has followed the crowd in this respect, but some handle it better than others. 

0 Ratings
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Ok, the theory behind the date was good but in practice it isn't connected to the problem, the date is still 18/08/2014 but overnight my viewing card has stopped working again. Once again a call to the Tech team to request a new card, wait while they "look into it" then await the arrival of card number 9, hopefully before the MotoGP at the weekend.

Do you think BT ever read the forums and take any notice of what the customers think of their service?

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 20

For comparison, I used a BT viewing card for 33 months and never had to get it replaced. The odd time the system got muddled up I just removed the card, rebooted the box and reinserted the card and things sorted themselves out.

I assume your box is permanently connected to the internet? Is it possible that faulty box hardware is cooking the viewing cards? Have BT offered to send an engineer out to do a box swap? 

The other possibility is that the BT system is just disabling the entitlements for reasons known only to itself. I'm sure that the knowledge that top experts around the world are looking into it gives you confidence that a swift solution will be found (after only 8 replacement cards). Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Kevbe900
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Ok, last saturday an engineer came round and checked everything and it was all fine, he changed the box as a possible cause of the fault. this saturday the veiwing card stopped working again, 10 cards and counting.

On speaking to BT Customer Servs I was told that I would need to upgrade to Infinity to stop the problem. I told them that connection through ADSL was possible if they would allow it and they denied this saying that once an exchange is Infinity enabled they can't provide the service through ADSL routes, even though the tech team had told me that it is possible.

I argued that my 12mth contract was not being honoured by them and that if I upgrade I would lose the discount that I was receiving. they offered to refund the discount for the remaining 5 mths, (£42) and upgrade me to a new 18mth Infinity contract but at £23 per mth the cost is 3 times what I was paying , plus a delivery charge for the equipment of £6 and an activation charge of £30 it adds up to a sizeable monthly increase. I feel as though I have been forced into a corner and mugged.

How is it that different departments tell you different things and after hours and hours of frustrating phonecalls trying to get the service that you are paying for they tell you that you must spend quite a bit more money to get it and then to top it all they tell you that its not their fault "its just one of them things"

WELL I'M SORRY BUT IT IS YOUR FAULT BT! 

Come on BT tell us all once and for all, "Can we get BT Sport over ADSL Broadband, YES or NO?

Someone please make a decision and communicate it to all depatments and to customers.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 20

@Kevbe900 wrote:

Ok, last saturday an engineer came round and checked everything and it was all fine, he changed the box as a possible cause of the fault. this saturday the veiwing card stopped working again, 10 cards and counting.

On speaking to BT Customer Servs I was told that I would need to upgrade to Infinity to stop the problem.  

Why?

Lots of other customers receive the BT Sport channels over the TV aerial using a viewing card. I assume it all works fine for them without the need to keep getting replacement cards (or the need to upgrade to Infinity).

Sounds to me like the BT rep just didn't have a clue what the real problem was so suggested a sledgehammer and nut approach.

BT do state in the legal stuff that the alternative BT Sport over ADSL service is only available for those where BT Infinity is not available. So that may well not be an option for you.

0 Ratings