Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulHanson
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Second Box Question.

Go to solution

Hi I have BT Infinity 2 also BT TV BT sent me a BT Youview + Box also I brought a mini youview box so that I could watch BT Sport in my Bedroom as well as in my front room.

Can someone tell me what I have to do to get BT sport running on both boxes but not at the same time. As I cant be in two rooms at the same time. Is there something else I have to get from BT to acheive this. Thanks for any help given on this topic.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Second Box Question.

Go to solution
Is the youview mini from BT? If so are both boxes connected to the internet? If they are you will need to phone 0800 100 400

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
PaulHanson
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Yep both boxes are connected to the same Hub 5 Router and getting internet both boxes are using the same post code also Phone Line Identification is on on my phone line And yes it is a BT Mini Box from Ebay.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

On the box that isn't set up for BT TV go into the BT Player app. You should after a short period get a purple 'error' screen up explaining that you have too many Youview boxes attached to your line. But at the bottom there is a reset option that allows you to reset your account to move your services from your first box to this second box. Select the option and shortly afterwards you will be able to watch BT TV on the second box (but it will no longer work on the first).

It's a right faff of course moving the service between boxes like this, but the only way around it is to pay BT £5 a month for an extra box subscription.

PaulHanson
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the info I paid BT the fiver in the end after ringing them up.

0 Ratings