cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: BT Showcase

A516 is agreeing with us that BT Showcase is where the free to air Champions League will be shown....

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/05/freeview-channel-updates-may-2015.html

Summer 2015: BT Sport 1 scheduled to be removed from channel 58. An exact date hasn't been announced. BT Sport 2 closed in January 2015, and was removed from the channel list in April 2015.
Full launch of BT Showcase; expected to be the home of selected live Champions League matches broadcast free-to-air, as part of BT's acquistion of rights for the League.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 22

@scointer wrote:

Summer 2015: BT Sport 1 scheduled to be removed from channel 58. An exact date hasn't been announced ...

Full launch of BT Showcase; expected to be the home of selected live Champions League matches broadcast free-to-air, ...

I thought some BT Sport 1 DTT customers had been told it was closing by end of June?

Sounds to me as though they don't really know any more than we do about BT Showcase and possible Champs League. 'Expected' by whom? If it stays on COM7 then many households won't be able to view it anyway.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 22

Another BT multicast channel has appeared on 529.

It is currently called BT Preview (the same as 475) but unlike 475 seems to be in full SD to my untrained eye. Also seems to be showing a lot of BT Sport previews.

I wonder what this channel that seems to be in the sport channels number range is planned for?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 22

Wouldn't surprise me if BT Showcase on Freeview 59 is transmitting the same BT Sport preview loop as 529 but only between the hours of 3am and 4am currently.

Will they turn out to be two different deliveries of the same channel come the next sport season?
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 22

Put money on it that they both will be used for free Champions League games, and maybe a little extra, will be interesting. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 22

The channel numbers change on 2 Jun. Sports are moving to early 400's.

408 - BT Sport 1
409 - BT Preview
410 - BT Sport 2
411 - ESPN

430 - BT Sport 1 HD
431 - ???
432 - BT Sport 2 HD
433 - ESPN HD

450 - BT Sport Extra

It seems pretty obvious that there will be some sort of BT Sport 1 Plus (or maybe BT Sport Euro Football) channel. Also an HD version. Will it cost extra is the big question?

Not sure why BT persist with BT Sport Extra which is rarely used and adds little to the multicast line up. Will they also add multicast BT Sport Extra 2 - 7 as recently licensed? For Champs League live match choice I assume.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 22

Or bearing in mind tests of BT Sport 3 have been mentioned on Sky (currently Angling TV?) will they just have BT Sport 1/2/3 on multicast as well?
If so why didn't they put BT Sport 2 on 409?
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Found it on channel 59

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 19 of 22

It seems the channel has now changed frequencies

Stew

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 22

Good spot. I thought that might happen.

It makes more sense to transmit on the old BT Sport 1 COM6 DVB-T slot. That way every DTT digital TV or box can show it if the signal is available.

Would be even better on a PSB multiplex on relay transmitters as well, but doubt that's a priority for Ofcom?
0 Ratings