cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dog22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Smart Home Cam 100

I recently bought a BT Smart Home Cam 100 from the BT Shop.  Very easy to install and set up. However, the link to the camera from my iPad or iPhone only lasts about a day and then the connection is lost.  It just spins round saying "Connecting to camera" then says I have limited bandwidth.  I can reset it and start all over again but that is no good.  So far I have only tried to connect within the home.  I have tried changing the resolution etc but all to no avail.  I have BT Infinity and a Home Hub 5 so I don't know what bandwidth has go to do with it. I don't turn my computer or Home Hub off at all.

Any suggestions before I send it back to BT?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gw4lwl
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Smart Home Cam 100

hi i have the prob as you sent 1st cam back to bt shop who said it must be faulty but the replacement is doing the same i also use infinity 2 at 65 mbps  me thinks these cams are not up to much

0 Ratings
dog22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for this. You could be right!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I would look at the Foscam IP cameras. I have three Foscam FI8910W, two at home, and one at another remote location. I am using them on an ADSL connection without any problems.

There is a guide on this page, which also applies to the HH5.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/cctv/foscam/foscam.html

0 Ratings
dog22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thank you, Keith. Very helpful.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

The Foscam  ones have a LAN connection as well, which is much more reliable than using a wireless connection.

You can either cable the device directly, or use Powerline adapters. I have used direct LAN connections, but have tried wireless as well, but I got a lower frame rate due to the bandwidth restrictions on a wireless network.

The manufacturers do provide a free DDNS service, but I prefer to use DynDNS, as I can use multiple host names at different locations.

0 Ratings