Re: BT Smart Home Cam

Not that i am aware...

0 Ratings
Bennachie
Contributor
Message 22 of 27

Not that i am aware...

Weird thing is occasionally it works, no real pattern though. Classic nightmare for problem solving.

No access on either 2.4 or 5ghz on PC Win 10 but iOs fine

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 27

Which web browser are you using, as Microsoft edge has issues.

Try Google Chrome or Mozilla firefox.

0 Ratings
Bennachie
Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Using chrome and it is now working on 2.4 despite nothin this afternoon whilst the help team were on the horn.

Used all the browsers and no dice

0 Ratings
Bennachie
Contributor
Message 25 of 27

It is definitely a 2.4 to 5 ghz thing....

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 27

@Bennachie wrote:

It is definitely a 2.4 to 5 ghz thing....

That points to bad routing between the two home hub wireless cards. I would try the HH5, if you have one, as it looks like a hub issue.

0 Ratings
Bennachie
Contributor
Message 27 of 27

Right.  I am back.

After a lot of tranatlantic support calls from lynksys among others (all triggered by BT) it would appear that BT Smart Home cam is not so smart..............or its BT Web Portal has learning difficulties.

Its not so High Def. either..........

If settings are altered to 1280 x 720 and 20 frames (even setting it to 5 f/sec) in other words Hi Definition - which the camera is sold as, then the APP works on smart phones, iPads etc, over 3/4G and WLAN but will not connect visuals through BTs own Web Portal.  The settings can be altered through the portal, just video will not be shown.  Great eh?

Regardless of browser..........

If you downgrade the picture quality to 630 x 360, video is available through the web portal.................. so why not just buy a low res unit in the first place for half the price?

So, it would appear that if you need/have to use the camera with a windows 10 machine on your WLAN using the web portal yoou can have poor video resolution or nothing from you HD camera; or, you can have HD on your Android or Apple device but nothing on your laptop...

Covfefe

0 Ratings