cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justme3
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Smart Hub (BTHub6)

Brilliant piece of kit!! I have had problems with my home network with Hub5 and resorted to powerline adapters etc etc with a TP Link router. Purchased the Smart Hub and, guess what!, all problems sorted. Home network and HP Envy wireless printer all working brilliantly and at some distance from the Home Hub. Thanks BT.

6 REPLIES 6
NeilO
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Smart Hub (BTHub6)

@Justme3 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, It's nice to see the Smart Hub has sorted out your home network issues.  Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
rbz5416
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

So just to be clear, you're thanking BT for allowing to to spend money on a Smart Hub in order to fix the problems with their own HH5 that they supplied to you? A bit like thanking a mugger for allowing you to give them money to stop punching you in the face... Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Bliss. Switched back to HH5 this morning after 3 weeks of misery with the allegedly SmartHub. Everything working as they should with no messing about.

Got my Gramofons both working and playing Spotify in sync now via AllPlay Jukebox.

Anybody who streams music wirelessly should check very carefully their devices compatibily with BT's SmartHub. For example Gramofon devices are NOT fully compatible.

Ian

0 Ratings
Elliottj85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

There are clearly major issues with the Smart Hub at the moment. Many devices will not connect at all, those that do lose connection frequently and will only work with a factory reset which lasts 24-48 hours before the problem re-emerges.
If you want to use VPN for your work laptop forget about it.
As somebody who has gone through hours of resets and speaking to BT technical advice can I strongly recommend you do not upgrade to HH6/SmartHub.
0 Ratings
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I agree entirely. I have reverted to HH5. Despite all the time spent dealing with BT I never once got a satisfactory technical explanation about the problems - only solution was to send me a HH5!

Anybody who has invested in music streaming devices should be very wary about using the Smarthub.

My wife and I have identical Samsung mobile phones. Hers would connect OK but mine was totally unstable. Intermittently would connect and had to have mobile data switched off. Now all fine with HH5.

0 Ratings
phobic65
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I agree but sadly I don't have a Plan B.  Attempting to get my "smart" Hub6 to recognize my wireless printer - now into day 3.

Technical "help" misnomer!

0 Ratings