Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cooltrain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Smart Hub Disable BT Wifi

Hey,

So under my smart hub manager under Home > Status there is a bottom area called BT Wi-fi Status Image.

How can I disable this? If I follow the link "Click here to go to the BT Wi-fi page" The login information for my BT account do not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Smart Hub Disable BT Wifi

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Cooltrain,

Welcome and thanks for posting. @john46 link should show you how to sort this but if you get stuck let us know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Cooltrain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the link but I don't think I have a @btinternet.com email to login with, I don't know what type of account I need to login with ?

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Use the contact email address you used when ordering the service.

0 Ratings
Cooltrain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Does that mean my BT ID email or the address that I ordered my BT with ? Becuse there are both the same and it doesn't work in this case.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

That's odd.  I used the email address setup when ordering on the phone and never had any problems.  Same when moved back to BT, used the email used for online order then once activated logged in and created new email addresses and changed the log in mail address.  I guess there are no typos?

0 Ratings
Cooltrain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

No typos, using the same email thats the BT ID, and the same password for it ( Which works when signing in to view my Bill, ect). Which is why I was confused that it was a diffrent email.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

In theory, your BTID email address should work, in practice the whole BTID/password/MyBT/BTwifi  system is a complete dog's breakfast and only seems to work for some and not others!!

0 Ratings