cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT Smart Hub Firmware Update

Go to solution

I'm curious how updates are delivered to the Smart Hub and how long is normal to wait for an update to be received after plugging the hub in after a while.

I plugged my Smart Hub in earlier today after a while of using a third-party router, but it hasn't picked up any updates. It's currently on the SG4B10002244 firmware but I'd like to update to the B316 firmware if possible. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Smart Hub Firmware Update

Go to solution

Nobody knows the exact algorithm of how hubs are updated, but it can take days/weeks. It is not possible to manually update the firmware.

Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Looks like it updated itself overnight which went suprisingly smooth for the Smart Hub. Are the any known improvements with the update?

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@DavidCo thanks. Quite sparse as typical of BT. Really dissapointed with the lack of features with the Smart Hub (mainly custom DNS and stable IPv6), not to mention the stability issues. Sadly, I'm stuck with it while I work through a broadband speed issue.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Easiest way is to hold the factory reset button on the back of the hub for 20-30 seconds then let the hub restart. It will then automatically update to the latest settings overnight

0 Ratings