cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 1 of 9

BT Smart Hub (HH6) Hub Manager

I have the Smart Hub and note that on the Hub Manager information it has the current upload and download speed. How accurate is this information? Does it negate the need for me to run the BT Speed Checker?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Smart Hub (HH6) Hub Manager

does the HH6 like others not only show the conenction speed not download speed - unless your run broadband performance test which will probably just be btspeedstester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 3 of 9

@ imjolley. It has both download and upload speeds listed.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

I can't seem to find the download speed wher is it shown  have you run the speedtester in the hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Have you got the HH6 Smart Hub? You click on the status section on the home screen.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

That is the sync speed not the download/throughput speed
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

thanks @john46 didn't think I had gone blind

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 8 of 9

@john46 wrote:
That is the sync speed not the download/throughput speed

John, For a technical numpty like me, what is the difference? because I just ran the BT Speed Checker and got the same upload 

and download speeds as the sync speeds.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

The sync speed is the speed your hub connects to the exchange equipment the download or throughput speed is the speed shown on speedtests and it is lower than the sync speed
0 Ratings