cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 201 of 763

Re: hub 6 constant disconnection.

There are many of us having problems with BT and the smart hub 6. I switched 7 weeks ago to BT Infinity 1 from Talk Talk Fibre. I never experienced any problems with Talk Talk ever. Both my router and line were working perfectly. I switched for a better deal and now wished I hadn't.

The first router constantly dropped out. Sometimes 3 times a day. Numerous phone calls to their call centre took me down the same tired process eveytime, insisting they remotely check the line.....then reset the broadband connection.....then have an engineer check the line. Finally I insisted on a new router, which they sent me immediately. Guess what? After 4 days, the same thing has started to happen again.

The BT Hub 6 is not fit for purpose! Whether it's a hardware or software issue, it simply cannot maintain a reliable connection.

My only choice now is to ask for their Hub 5 (B) which I've read is super reliable, or simply call them and switch providers again, as they've not been able to provide me with the service I'm paying for. Not impressed.

Spoiler

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 202 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

This is a joke. They should recall the product and supply us all with the old hub 5 for free until they've sorted the DNS and internet dropping issues. Mine goes off once or twice a day. I'm fed up with resetting it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 203 of 763

Re: hub 6 constant disconnection.

Quite frustrated by this and finally glad to see it's not just my network setup that's causing the dropouts!

SH delivered a month or so ago, plugged in, set up and raring to go.  

First thing I noticed was the inability for same IPs to be allocated via the SH as it kept (and still does) reverting the settings.  

I have mostly Macs at home with a Time Machine plus other devices, wired and wireless. 

Managed to get the SH to apply the same IP to my Mini, though I seem to have conflicting IPs with the Time Machine and my partner's iPhone 6... both get .211 and it craps out one or the other.  

I've also noticed several random reboots and internet disconnects.  It's extremely frustrating and BT have said nothing but "we've had nothing but praise for the new Smart Hub", "we'll test your line and make sure there's nothing wrong" (I wasn't even informed of the completed tests... had to go online to find they'd just closed the ticket with an ALL OK), "we've changed your WiFi channels as the logs show there were issues with WiFi, forcing reboots" (told to give it a week to settle, it's been over a week and still there are issues).

Would love some kind of resolution to this given I've coughed up £50 for updated hardware... my Home Hub 5 seems to just work.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 204 of 763

Firmware Updated last night.

Hello all

The firmware on my Smart Hub was updated last night to version SG4B100021F4 (22/06/16).

Is this really the latest version?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 205 of 763

Re: Firmware Updated last night.

Hi Kevin

Received my smart up one week ago and having similar problems as every one else. My hub has the same firmware so i assume its the latest one. I notice there's loads of discussions on this issue but i don't see any advise from any of the BT administrators.

These forums are great but what is the point if no one from the tech department reads them.

Yours living in hope.  

Joe.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 206 of 763

@kncowans wrote:

Hello all

The firmware on my Smart Hub was updated last night to version SG4B100021F4 (22/06/16).

Is this really the latest version?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

No that's the June Version.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 207 of 763

Had the Smart Hub 6 for a month now.  Totally fed up with loosing connection to internet and having to reboot the hub.  Lucky for me I kept the Hub 5 which I have now reinstated and that's working fine with no lost connections.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 208 of 763

At this time the 21F4 version is the latest that's been seen. There are rumours of a new release as of 03-Oct, but if it's being pushed out, no one has reported it yet.

There was a post from one of the forum moderators earlier in the week saying a new release would be available in the next few weeks.

So still the latest, but perhaps not for long.

Regards
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 209 of 763

Not sure why it's going to take weeks. Android and Apple do updates on millions of devices world wide on the day they tell you.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 210 of 763

My hub stops allowing data and sometimes can't connect to the router ether net or wireless even though the ssid are still showing on wifi the hub refuses to send or receive data happens every 1 to 4 days on average and have to restart it. Really annoying this is my 3rd smart hub
0 Ratings