Message 251 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Quite rightly so.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 252 of 763

So does anyone actually have this new fabled firmware that was rumoured to be arriving on 3rd October?

I'm aware that it installs randomly with no set date but was just wondering if anyone's had changed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 253 of 763

There was a report of firmware version SG4B10002236 on 11-Oct according to Software updated tonight and all seems well.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 254 of 763

It arrived here and dumped all my devices! Have spent a couple of days trying to reconnect, but one of the requirements is to change the wirelesss password away from that on slide-in card.

I finally achieved it all yesterday, but all printers not connected this morning - a hub restart re-connected, but......

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 255 of 763

I'm aware that there are issues with the Smart Hub and WiFi in some circumstances at the moment and was wondering if anyone's had a similar issue to myself? I've got my laptop connected to the 5GHz network after splitting them, and every so often pages will stop loading and i'll loose WiFi and have to reconnect again, other devices seem OK (WiFi) although my phone did loose connection at the same time as my laptop on one occassion
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 256 of 763

@Poppy7 wrote:

I now have worked out that the smart hub has assigned my sky box and my husbands windows phone with the same IP address. The only difference being that the sky box IP address is static. Is this a problem?? If it is, is there a way to make the hub forget the phone and then reconnect it with a new IP address? I would be grateful for advice. All other devices, 12 in all, have been given separate IP addresses. Thank you.

It's a big big problem yes!!

Me and a number of other people have had this issue - resetting the device seems the most common advice. What worked for me was adjusting the DHCP allocation range - there's no technical reason why this fixes the problem but it seems to 'wake up' the DHCP allocator.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 257 of 763

@nix99 wrote:

@Poppy7 wrote:

I now have worked out that the smart hub has assigned my sky box and my husbands windows phone with the same IP address. The only difference being that the sky box IP address is static. Is this a problem?? If it is, is there a way to make the hub forget the phone and then reconnect it with a new IP address? I would be grateful for advice. All other devices, 12 in all, have been given separate IP addresses. Thank you.

Me and a number of other people have had this issue - resetting the device seems the most common advice. What worked for me was adjusting the DHCP allocation range - there's no technical reason why this fixes the problem but it seems to 'wake up' the DHCP allocator.

Thank you for the reply and the advice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 258 of 763

@Poppy7 wrote:

@nix99 wrote:

@Poppy7 wrote:

Thank you for the reply and the advice.

Back again!  How do you go about changing the dhcp allocation range? Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 259 of 763

Hi,

Go to Advanced -> My Network -> IPv4 Configuraiton or browse to http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/myNetwork/ip-address. Under the DHCP Server section, change the Server Address range button to Custom and then change the start and/or end address. Then click on save.

Regards 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 260 of 763

@smf22 wrote:

Hi,

Go to Advanced -> My Network -> IPv4 Configuraiton or browse to http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/myNetwork/ip-address. Under the DHCP Server section, change the Server Address range button to Custom and then change the start and/or end address. Then click on save.

Regards 

Ok, thank you 🙂

0 Ratings