cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 281 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

I'm having similar problems and so are many others looking at this topic on the forum. I have had mine for exactly one month and i have most of my problems viewing the extraTV channels, I'm forever either, rebbooting the Hub or the youview box. My latest firmware is SG4B100021FA looking on the forum there is a later one. When they wiill down load it I don't know.

looking at the offcom list of worst complaints BT is the top. it looks like i am having to go down that route because I am not paying for this service for 18 month, and I am also suprised that I have not noticed any BT tech staff addressing any of the issues on this topic. 

Waiting in antipitation,     JoeH

P.S.   Last time I complained I received a small rebate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 282 of 763

Does anyone here actually know how the firmwares are rolled out? areas or serial numbers? or what? I absolutely hate this, BT should provide firmware installs for download as standard. Frustrating having to wait when your connection keeps going down.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 283 of 763

What difference does it make if you know how they do it, you can't influence it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 284 of 763

I got the latest firmware  this morning and I've had the H6 for one month. Hope it's OK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 285 of 763

I got smart hub 6 in July. It was working ok till  a couple of weeks ago when my tablets/phone not longer connected to the wifi. I switched smart set up  off, split 2.4-5ghz etc but still not working and I need to reset to factory 5 times a day. BT send me a new hub which was working fine for 3 days till the firmware got updated today. Can't connect again, and even if I reset the router I only have is connection for 5 min or so till it all drops again. I had problems since they dat I signed up and am really not happy 😞 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 286 of 763

Current Firmware: SG4B10002236

DHCP interface needs a complete overhaul...re-assigning IP addresses does not work, trying to switch to a static IP doesnt work...unable to set up any IP mapping based on MAC address before the device connects.

Back and restore DOES NOT save any configuration for the connected devices.

Let the users decided when and if to upgrade firmware...fed up of firmware with bugs and unusable features being pushed to my home hub, causing problems and no way to stop/revert the "upgrade".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 287 of 763

@licquorice wrote:

What difference does it make if you know how they do it, you can't influence it.

True.

Mine has updated last night. Still no way to set static IP addresses, hub won't save settings as others mentioned.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 288 of 763

Fixed the Wi-Fi problems hub 6 keeps asking for password for wifi all time if log out like leaving the house also split band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz  can we not have separate passwords for it have now had

two have these routers the first one allowed me to connect by 5 GHz but the replacement roots and will not allow me to connect by 5 GHz at all bt  customer support says there is nothing wrong with the hub 6 you can only connect 7 devices not such a super hub 6  as advertised on TV

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 289 of 763

Is that what BT said - it can only connect 6 devices, or is that just your experience ? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 290 of 763

For what it's worth, as I type this ,I'm running 10 units connected by wi-fi to the Home Hub 6 (8 on 2.4ghz; 2 on 5ghz). I'm using the October firmware SG4B10002236. Overall, I find the wi-fi better than the HH5.

0 Ratings