cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 401 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Had another firmware update today (previous was 0223E).

This one dated 28 Nov 2016 but with same number ..0223E.

Was the previous one corrupt or are BT to embarrassed

to invent yet another differently named version?

However still drops networks after less than a day

after downloaded so no end in sight.

We can only hope Father Xmas brings us something...

no not a new firmware but a new non BT router!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 402 of 763

It seems if the Hub Manager screen is blank instead of loading properly

it is likely a new firmware is in the process of downloading.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 403 of 763

If you haven't already done it, after a software update you are best to do a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 404 of 763

Thats actually quite helpful to know, Ive wondered sometimes why the Smart Hub just reboots randomly and then the WebUI doesnt load at all.

Ill be honest, speaking for myself, Firmware 223E seems to have fixed the 2.4Ghz drop outs ive been having and ive had no issues with the Smart Hub since that update. I don't seem to be getting any issues (yet).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 405 of 763

Well my Smart Hub has always worked perfectly until the update last night. Now I have many devices that cannot connect; wired, 2.4GHz and 5 GHz. Turning off and on again, plus a factory reset has not helped. Now I have the pain of trying to get BT to fix what they broke. I'm glad to hear that not everyone has problems with the 223E firmware.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 406 of 763

I have similar problems with the Wifi and DHCP server on the 'Smart' Hub.

My devices loose connection suddenly and keep trying to connect but to no avail. The signal is full strength and it shows as trying to make connection.

In Wifi specifically, many times the device gives up after trying for long (presumably unresponsive DHCP server). After some time it shows connected in settings but on the top no wifi connected signal appears. If you check ip address in the device it shows '169....' instead of the '192.....'. In the router if you go and see against the device - it shows 'Static' but with either blank ip address or a long text saying to the effect that 'No ip address.....'.

This problem is so often and all the devices intermittently that I think surely it has to do with issues in the way DHCP server is coded in the hub. Have not observed the same issues on wired devices though but cannot confirm as do not use wired devices so much. 

Has anyone solved similar problem? Also if I do decide to go for a different router - does it make sense to buy only a router or go for modem/router so that the whole 'SmartHub' can be put into its box?

Any advice will be appreciated very much as frankly I dread to work on my mobile devices as sometimes you end up using your mobile data allowance while working at home without realising! I have already paid extra for the mobile data allowance because of this. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 407 of 763

Buy a decent third party VDSLModem/router and bin the Smarthub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 408 of 763

I am rapi8dly coming to the conclusion a third party modem/router suitable for BT Infinity

is the only way forward as currently I am spending my life dealing with drop out issues

that won't go away whatever firmware they issue and there have been a few.

Amazed that BT are seemingly incapable of producing a product that works at the most

basic level....i.e. stable after what is for me many failed attempts firmware wise.

All that 'Smart' channel selection is a counter productive non working feature in my

experience that makes matters worse not better. Much better to periodically scan the

channels in use and set a channel manually as the 'skipping the interference' feature

of Smart Channel adds nothing to my experience if it even works. With around 4

nearby users in my rural vicinity which I suspect are on 'Smart Channel' we seem to

be on an unending channel hopping sequence to no meaningful effect. If it did work

you would think with no extra users being added it would settle down to a set of

stable channels that work best for everybody.

My set up in terms of devices is modest...Laptop, 2 Smart TV's, Sky box, Wireless Printer

and iPad so not putting anything other than a basic demand on the Smart Hub.

My signal strength around -50 to -55db , neighbours all in the -72 to 78db range.

Will not be believing the marketing hype again.

Any router suggestions as I am looking at a TP-LINK VR2600? It's spec is above a Smart Hub

and gets goodish reviews. Hopefully not another can of worms.

The set up options seem to be a bit overwhelming for the non expert but I assume most

can be left alone and User ID and password are the only input requirements.

Any advice appreciated on a router model/set up procedure for BT.

Reverting to wired connections is not a practical option for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 409 of 763

Any of the well known brand names will be ok and will have a setup wizard. User id is homehub@btbroadband.com and password is bt.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 410 of 763

Spec to look out for? The Smart Hub is well specced if it would work.

With regard to the DHCP issues mentioned earlier I have occasionaly seen devices

swopping to 'Static' and back which I do not understand and have not messed with.

0 Ratings