cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mw8811
Aspiring Contributor
Message 421 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Did 4 factory resets today and still takes 20 mins to connect to the computers.........

We pay for this "service" or lack of

0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 422 of 763

Yes.. Now having drop outs on 5Ghz and can't find network on a regular basis.

Obviously they don't do much testing on each firmware release or the firmware team

are not up to it. How many attempts do they need to get it right?

Maybe the marketing should change to 'our most firmware issued product to date'

0 Ratings
thos_tanner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 423 of 763

Todaywe got a firmware update. broke our sky box and i cannot get into the hub home screen unless I wait for about 10 minutes

0 Ratings
oldforger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 424 of 763

The latest firmware update has completely messed up the very fragile network I had (finally) managed to establish using the previous update. Have gone from getting better to getting worse again for me. Now long periods where devices can't connect despite indications of a wi fi signal present, or, equally frustratingly, devices are connected but suddenly disconnect for no reason and then won't immediately reconnect. Seems to be totally random as to when they do choose to re-connect. It's all rather rubbish to be honest.

0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 425 of 763

Tried to attach a HDD USB drive to the Smart Hub and found this is another non working feature even with 2244 firmware.

This confirmed on another BT Community forum covering the iissue.  (Tried FAT32 and NTFS and neither recognised)

HDD = WD MyPassport 1TB.

Router needs renaming as Beta Smart Hub.

0 Ratings
mw8811
Aspiring Contributor
Message 426 of 763

The frustrations continue - can't see why I have to carry my cumbersome desktop downstairs to plug into the ethernet when the wireless worked fine for the last two years prior to this ridiculous update they did.

I'm loathe to call the "Help" desk as I do not want to have a nonsensical conversation with someone in India or Scotland or wherever.

Tearing my hair out here with the frequent factory resets.

0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 427 of 763

Would make my day if BT could at least acknowedge at least some users are having issues

and 'we are working on a solution'.

Currently in limbo and don't know if they recognise users are having significantly

frustrating problems, are trying their best to sort it, or just can't be bothered.

Currently no idea if there is an end in sight, and my only option is to spend more

money on a third party router and hope for the best, writing off my £50+pp investment

in a Smart Hub which for me  is 'not fit for purpose'.

I suppose this is the 'norm' for big corporations. Real shame.

0 Ratings
Jez995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 428 of 763

Only have had Homehub 6 for a week. Stopped connecting with broadband plus I am unable to connect to BT Smart Manager despite me powering down/up the router several times. Spoke to helpdesk and they had me do a factory reset (Pin until green light). Broadband and WIFI eventually returned but after 20minutes still unable to connect to the BT Smart Manager. Helpdesk agreed to send a new router.

After about an hour BT Smart Manager came back to life and all appears to be working, for now. However, it was extremely frustrating so I am going ahead with the router swapout so that BT are aware of the 2 hours I spent troubleshooting the router.

Hopefully a new router will fix it so it does not happen again, but I fear that this is a design problem.

Current Firmware: SG4B1000223E

0 Ratings
glennbentley
Contributor
Message 429 of 763

The Current Firmware: SG4B1000223E has broken my SkyQ, after the update my sky mini box no longer connects properly to my main SkyQ box.

I hope BT are working on a fix asap!
0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 430 of 763

@glennbentley wrote:
The Current Firmware: SG4B1000223E has broken my SkyQ, after the update my sky mini box no longer connects properly to my main SkyQ box.

I hope BT are working on a fix asap!

The latest firmware version appears to be SG4B10002244 - unless anyone's aware of a later one.

p

0 Ratings