cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 431 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Are there any firmware release notes or do we just hope our issues are resolved with each one?

I have the Sonos duplicate IP issue which is basically ruining my setup. Would be nice if BT could give some kind of ETA on a fix so I can decide whether to wait it out or just ask for a Homehub 5 instead.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 432 of 763

BT don't provide release notes or any release schedule. Users don't know what changed between releases or might be an upcoming release. Also no way to select which release to run.

These are some of the reasons so many people are turning to third party routers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 433 of 763

I thought this was interesting, It seems that BT killed the connection to my SmartHub last night. Now i dont know if thats a Smart Hub issue killing its own connection or whether BT had problems last night but as you can see from the below screenshot the Smart Hub uptime is 10days+ but the network uptime is only 8 hours.

https://puu.sh/sEZFx/6416d98d35.png

I have never seen this before. Luckily it was when most people were sleeping so we didnt notice it but i just went to check my software version as I know people have said they are on a version above 223E however, my hub seems it doesnt want to update. Since 223E i have had flawless connection again with the hub. However, i can see that my emails of posts of people on here say otherwise.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 434 of 763

There's nothing out of the ordinary with the xDSL connection uptime being different to the router uptime. In fact this is how most properly behaved routers would operate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 435 of 763

My experience in attempting to use the Smart Hub / HH6 with Samsung Android devices is outlined in depth here but posting in this thread as it (a) seems to be a bug (b) could certainly do with improvement.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 436 of 763

I'm now on my third smart hub in 5 weeks and this morning - again - no connectivity.

the symptoms are exactly the same each time - The smart hub is showing connectivity to the internet, but you cannot connect.  This is both wired and wireless.  It's almost like it's lost DNS.   I've still got a hh5 and that works fine (albeit you can't switch the light off).  

The first time time this happened I'd had the router for a while and it was about a week after a major fault so I assumed the fault returned but was told it was a router issue.  The new router failed in the same way on Sunday (it's about two weeks old).  The most recent router arrived on Monday and failed this morning.  This router is showing firmware 223e.

anyone else experiencing similar or got any fixes other than go out and buy something else?  

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 437 of 763

Since Sunday 4th December my Hub 6 has started to playup.

It will suddenly reboot, dropping internet connection getting to the permanent orange light, then the green light comes on again and the reboot process starts.

So it gets to the permanent orange light and sits there, and after a few minutes the router

performs the actions again.

For some reason this happens around 10pm, but happened this morning also.

manually restarting has no impact.

I had previously the hub5 which I have swapped back to and that hub does not encounter this problem.

Put the Hub 6 back in place and problem occurs.

Any thoughts please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 438 of 763

Current firmware: SG4B1000223E

• BUG: Every so often usually after a week or less the router has to be restarted due to the line download speed dropping from the 55 Mbps to below 6 Mbps while upload remains unaffected. So far I don't understand what causes this to happen. 
  • IMPROVEMENT: Stop download speed from dropping so dramatically and not recovering without a restart of the hub. 
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 439 of 763

Are you able to ping or tracert any sites like google in cmd? (Or any terminal interface if you use a Mac or Linux machine).

Also, try navigating or pinging 216.58.210.35 this is googles current IP address and hopefully will load google, if not then theres something else wrong somewhere.

Have you tried disabling IPv6 in the Hub Manager?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 440 of 763

Usuaully the Hub 6 will reboot itself and do the actions you described when its updating, in theory it should only update when the internet connection isnt being used but i know from some people on here that have said that their hub just updates when it feels like it.

Have you checked the event logs on the Hub Manager? Usually it will say why it has rebooted.

Just out of curiosity, how many devices do you have connected? I used to find on my Hub 5 that if i pushed too much data through it, would cause it to reboot itself and it would take an age to reboot. I havent experienced this on my Hub 6 yet and i have over 30 devices connected constantly.

0 Ratings