Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 441 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Well I chatted to BT help today

My problem with the restsarting is appartenlty a firmware issue (on 244)

There is a new update due next week as per the chat technician

Wilseng: Yes l can see that its a firmware issue as everything is working fine l am afraid you will have to wait may be till next week till the new update has come out

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 442 of 763

And that will, to the best of my knowledge, be the 7th firmware release for the HH6. There may well have been others that I've missed.

I would say all credit to BT for trying to get this ill-fated device working were it not for the fact that, as far as I can see, each firmware release seems to bring fresh problems.

It would be nice to think that this time it really will get sorted. After all, I do have a HH6 - but it's been in its box for several weeks and it would take quite a lot to persuade me to dig it out again.

p

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 443 of 763

I dont have 244 firmware yet which is odd, but I also am now not having any issues with my HH6 which is on 223E, im assuming as soon as I reboot the hub it will install the new firmware which if the reboot issues affect all HH6's then I would rather pass on installing that! Luckily the internet connection is constantly being used in my house which im assuming is why the HH6 hasnt rebooted itself and install the firmware.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 444 of 763

If they release 7 versions of firmware in just a few weeks it shows the level of regression testing they must do!!! No wonder nothing works.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 445 of 763

I having a problem no wifi in back garden only one bed flat it a joke change channel split signals done everything
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 446 of 763

Having same problem as so many others. Been away for a day and on return wireless devices are all over the place. Some will connect others won't.  Hub seems to be going on and off all the time. System says no problems in area and Hub 5 works fine. This is the second 6 I have had as the first one was deemed to be faulty with similar problems a few months back. The replacement has been working well but now back to the same old problems. I gave given up trying to talk to tech support as yiu just go through the same old routine and achieve nothing. So frustrating. I am not particularly technical but try all the usual things. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 447 of 763

I turned 'Authoritative DHCP' OFF under the IPv4 configuration and my devices haven't had an issue with the WIFI so far. It could be coincidence though although I've only tried changing one setting at a time. My laptop and Hudl would lose the connection randomly and stay in an identifying network state. A reboot of those devices was the only solution to getting the WIFI connection established again. It might be worth a try if you are having WIFI connection issues.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 448 of 763

I have had the Smart Hub since the beginning of November and until the 6th Dec firmware update it has performed faultlessly. Like most others here the update trashed the wifi connection. Tried all the usual steps and the only partial solution was to turn off the 5GHz which allowed a2.4GHz connection though not reliability. Called the help line and after an hour repeating all the steps that I had already tried the agent initiated an order for a replacement. I am now back on my HH5 awaiting delivery.

In it's present state the Smart Hub is not fit for purpose and if the replacement fails it's time for a refund.

Any procrastination on the part of BT and I will contact BBC Watchdog and suggest that others do too. It is unfortunate that the only way many large organisations respond to complaints is nationwide bad publicity.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 449 of 763

DDNS stopped working with latest firmware update SG4B1000223E

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 450 of 763

Latest firmware is SG4B10002244
0 Ratings