cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 451 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

My 3rd Smarthub was dead when I got home today.....
Green light flickering the odd orange.
Back on Hub 5
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 452 of 763

@Dippu wrote:
Latest firmware is SG4B10002244

Not for everybody!

Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 453 of 763

Replacement Hub arrived this morning so cant fault their delivery service. Wifi working on both channels and very fast. Hub has 21EC firmware dated 12/05/2016.

Lets hope that it's not updated until its been thouroughly debugged.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 454 of 763

My problems with the BT ( not so ) Smart Hub started a few days ago. 6th December to be exact. And guess what?  ...  that is when the latest firmware was updated !! So now i have an open case with BT to find out a) why it keeps dropping out) b ) why it drops at differnet times on my Apple iPhone and iPad. I would like to use my Homehub 5  ( which worked well albeit with a limited range) but in the interests of saving the planet was sent back to BT for re cycling ! So all in all not one of my better decisions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 455 of 763

Just a quick tip for everyone.

This new Hub seems to be getting a lot more updates than prevous Hubs, Its always best to Factory Reset the Hub after a firmware update to eliminate any issues.

Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 456 of 763

New hub? is there a difference from us poor people whome purchased an original one when first released ? if so why has BT not offered us who paid through the nose (didnt re contract) a replacement

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 457 of 763

Replacement worked well for just under 24 hrs when BT in their wisdom forced the 2244 firmware update. Hub now completely useless for wifi. Its back in its box while i sort out a refund, no ifs no buts. 

Fortunately I didnt send my old HH5 back for recycling.

Perhaps one day when the firmware is sorted or version 7 comes along I may update (assuming that I'm still with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 458 of 763

@Wyvern wrote:

Replacement worked well for just under 24 hrs when BT in their wisdom forced the 2244 firmware update. Hub now completely useless for wifi. Its back in its box while i sort out a refund, no ifs no buts. 

Did you do a factory reset after the latest update? If not, can't do any harm to do one now and it may sort your wifi problem out. (No guarantee, of course.)

p

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 459 of 763

I'm having your exact problem too Wyvern.

A week or so ago, devices using DHCP just stopped being assigned IP addresses.

Multiple factory resets, and even a replacement BT Smart Hub later, the same problem happened as soon as the router's firmware was updated to SG4B10002244.

This is particularly annoying as it isn't possible to set up static IP addresses on all devices, such as the Chromecast.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 460 of 763

The question has to be asked as to why BT is still rolling out updates to these SmartHubs knowing there are serious issues. The 'factory fitted' original firmware was fine, and is demonstrated time and again when people get replacement hubs, come on here to say "great it's all working now with my new hub" only to reappear 24 hours later to complain that its been updated and no longer works.

Clearly there is no point in getting BT to send out a replacement as it's just more work and more hassle replacing the old one, knowing that it's going to update and get borked again.

What is in the firmware subsequent to the May version that is so important to BT that it doesn't just pull the plug on all SmartHub updates until the issue is resolved? Tracking/monitoring hooks part of the new 'investigative Powers' act? Surely it cannot be in BT's interest to keep rolling out this firmware and breaking more and more SmartHubs, with the subsequent costs associated with customer support? 

Installing a 3rd party router was absolutely the best decision I made. My internal network and internet connection has never been as stable as it is now. So in a way, thank you BT, for making me see 'the light'.

0 Ratings