cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
butcr01
Beginner
Message 551 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

was on the phone to BT yesterday and they confirmed they are no longer shipping HH6

I am currently back to my HH5 - as the HH6 fails constantly.

But I signeda  new contract with the HH6 and so should be using a HH6 - would BT not somehow be offering compensation somehow? I am not able to use the HH I signed up to have and to use....... ?

Appreicate any thoughts

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 552 of 763

Did you not read this thread. You should be glad you are not using the HH6!

0 Ratings
oldforger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 553 of 763

If the rumour is true and BT is indeeed withdrawing this total disaster of a product it will be interesting to see the spin they choose to put on it in terms of explaining its early replacement.

It will also be more than interesting to see how BT choose the existing HH6 owners who have had to put up with severalmonths of complete chaos in terms of trying to use this product.

If BT simpy re-issue a newer version of the HH6 then early adopters should certainly receive replacements foc.

Over to you BT.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 554 of 763

Maybe they are no longer sending out replacement hubs, I don't know, but they are still allowing people to buy them in the BT Shop and there are over 50 available.

0 Ratings
Message 555 of 763

@Poppy7 wrote:

Maybe they are no longer sending out replacement hubs, I don't know, but they are still allowing people to buy them in the BT Shop and there are over 50 available.

This brings to mind the days of the HH1, where BT support were freely replacing the hub at any sign of a problem. Support was good in those days. Suddenly the supply of  replacements stopped.

At one time I had 3 HH1s stored in a drawer - only 2 now. These are kept as spares to help friends on adsl.

Probably HH6 will have future variants.

0 Ratings
BluTrees
Beginner
Message 556 of 763

Assuming we're on about the same device, I got mine delivered yesterday, in time for connection today!

I probably should have read these forums before signing up 😕
0 Ratings
butcr01
Beginner
Message 557 of 763

well after BT telling me the other day that they are no longer shipping HH6 replacements - I get a text last night from BT saying my replacement HH6 wiill be delivered in 3 -5 days.

Ah well see what happens when I try the replacement....

0 Ratings
aidankinnell
Beginner
Message 558 of 763

Wish I had seen this before having another painful call with BT.

After 2 weeks of persistent wifi and BB connection problems I have managed to get BT to replace our obviously faulty Smart Hub (paid for, £50 in July).

Few days later I find that the replacement wasn't ordered so go round the houses again to get a replacement ordered, turns up and they sent me a Hub5. No good tbh but at least a back up device.

Customer care tells me it was a like for like, although they can see I use a Hub6.

Just gone round the houses again to get a replacement for the replacement, this time certain it will be a Hub6. However 'India' care tells me the reason I was sent a 5 is that they know of wifi issues with the 6 and are therefore not issuing them. You can however still by them from Currys, BT Shop or the BT my account page.

I'm getting another 6, if only to act as back up if current one fails. Might invest in a 3rd party router but currently trying to decide what is best for our needs. Or might wait it out for news on a new hub, a 7?!
0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 559 of 763

Still having horrendous issues (2244 firmware) with constant 'no network found' and a nightmare to get

working again and lots of disconnections and 'limited' events. Mine is a very simple set up too (iPad,Sky

and Smart TV'S etc)

Spend more time restoring it than doing anything when it does work.

If I charged them £10/hr for my lost time since May as Del boy would say

"I would be a Millionare"

Is there any end in sight.....ABOUT TIME BT CAME CLEAN AND AT LEAST FED BACK SOME

INFO ON WHAT IS GOING ON...AND NO I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO A SOMEWHAT

FLAKY HUB 5 EVEN IF I HAD ONE.

MAKES THE SMART HUB MARKETING AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!

Can see a thread 'Closed' event coming up if this goes on much longer.

MODS............?????

0 Ratings
impster
Contributor
Message 560 of 763

Currently on my old HH5 following a disaster with a HH6 durign the past 3 weeks.

Just received my replacement HH6 and wondering whether to bother or not with it.

Certainly it seems that there are a lot more people with issues with HH6 than there were with previous homehubs.

Another spectacular fail from BT it seems. I wonder whether they've released HH6 deliberatelly in order for them to be able to say that that their customer service isn't as bad as their HH6. Pretty close run thing though.

0 Ratings